Amazing Live Stuff

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Early Nice with O'List in the band.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Final part of their best know epic, in the '74 California Jam live version. The symbolism is poignant, machine conquers man, and soul and creativity perish. In the end, the human factor is gone. The virtuoso replaced by the robot, like the mechanical toy nightingale in Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale. At 8:20 there is no longer anyone there, and the system overloads. Not even the programmed virtual can exist within its own confines, it has nowhere to go, or to expand, and self-destructs, as a result. A modern Frankenstein epic. You cannot breathe life into inanimate matter, and nature - the most complex machine that ever existed - dictates all. A moral lesson that is lost to humanity. As a result, there will be a cataclysm. Only a matter of time. The irony is, we programmed it all, ourselves. Keithy couldn't use his fingers anymore, and I suppose he eliminated himself at least partly out of professional pride. The sad thing is, he could still have composed, if not performed. Blind men wrote epics and built violins, didn't they. But maybe he was too much one with this part of his anatomy. It's inexplicable, he was really far too full of eccentric life, energy and ideas to end the story like that. There wasn't as far as I can see a single person on his level, in his league or of his class, in rock. Not even Jon Lord. Mr. Emerson was the keyboard answer to Jimi Hendrix, no less. Creator of a number of permanent classics, and an absolute master of his metier.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Jesper Hvid wrote:Keithy couldn't use his fingers anymore, and I suppose he eliminated himself at least partly out of professional pride. The sad thing is, he could still have composed, if not performed. Blind men wrote epics and built violins, didn't they. But maybe he was too much one with this part of his anatomy. It's inexplicable, he was really far too full of eccentric life, energy and ideas to end the story like that. There wasn't as far as I can see a single person on his level, in his league or of his class, in rock. Not even Jon Lord. Mr. Emerson was the keyboard answer to Jimi Hendrix, no less. Creator of a number of permanent classics, and an absolute master of his metier.
This story teaches us that enven if we're given with the most beautiful gift of all don't have it forever. In fact most beautiful gift we had is our own life, and we can only try to live with maximum respect and never give up.
The guy below, didn't give up
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

caneparo wrote:
Jesper Hvid wrote:Keithy couldn't use his fingers anymore, and I suppose he eliminated himself at least partly out of professional pride. The sad thing is, he could still have composed, if not performed. Blind men wrote epics and built violins, didn't they. But maybe he was too much one with this part of his anatomy. It's inexplicable, he was really far too full of eccentric life, energy and ideas to end the story like that. There wasn't as far as I can see a single person on his level, in his league or of his class, in rock. Not even Jon Lord. Mr. Emerson was the keyboard answer to Jimi Hendrix, no less. Creator of a number of permanent classics, and an absolute master of his metier.
This story teaches us that enven if we're given with the most beautiful gift of all don't have it forever. In fact most beautiful gift we had is our own life, and we can only try to live with maximum respect and never give up.
The guy below, didn't give up
It's the only lesson. Never give up. Fucking ever. If there's life, there's hope. If you quit, that's it.

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Even more nightmarishly grotesque than the studio version with Gordon Haskell on vox (this is the late Boz Burrell, with a different and somehow more poetic English rendering). No idea what the animation's in aid of. This is cerebral, aural. This, for fuck's sake, is art. It's not a Toy Story cum Tim bloody Burton movie.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

Fantastic
When i bought this album 20 years ago i thought these guys were 30 years ahead of their times. I was wrong they were 50 years ahead.
Fuck the coldplay, instead of ripping off joe satriani they could do much much better at the dawn of the 2k
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

They were in fact not of this Earth. They had that exact incomparable thing going for them. You cannot really place this in musical history, either as an evolution, a revolution, or a renaissance. It's the most cosmic rock music that was ever recorded. How many masters of multiple genres or types of art has this World ever really produced? Michelangelo? Rossetti, perhaps; William Blake, definitely. There's just not a lot of these bastards around, is there. The Fripp/Sinfield fusion which lasted 4 albums, has never been equalled in mythopoetic fantasy brilliance, within the sphere of rock music. King Crimson mk. I. is otherworldly. It's nothing short of the essential Nietzschian catflap escape from the inevitable nihilism of any sanely thinking individual. It's the true realm of that which cannot exist, it's art. Superbly and incomparably beautiful. As MC Hammer said; you can't touch this!

I note with a certain portion of gratification that YouTube increasingly does not display their masterpieces in their original forms. A new wake, hopefully. The Wake of Poseidon? Has man finally returned to the protoplasmic ocean of creation, to fetch back the archetypes of truth and everlasting beauty? Or is it just copyright wars, to protect the financial side of the next wave of retroscopic admiration? In any case, thank the eternal Muses for these people and what they did back then. ELP after Brain Salad Surgery turned too pompous, and KC got introspective, and they both lost connection with the ether of Faery. The door to the dreamworld closed on them. And regardless of temperament, that is the end of the existence of the soul, in any endeavour.

King Crimson did for music what Coleridge achieved in poetry.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-a ... tail/43991

The Golden Key has disappeared, now. Maybe forever. All the dreamers and visionaries have gone to the great avatar in the place that does not exist. Only their echoes remain. History will now pointlessly attempt to dissect KC, to understand that which cannot by analysed by mind, but can only be appreciated by the spirit, and the best way to avoid this humiliation is to stick with the originals. For your soul's sake, don't listen to demo tracks or intermediate tomfoolery. Burn the bridge and burn the boat; stake the lizard by the throat.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

Yes. It s for commercial reasons that the videos are deleted from yt. They re not on spotify as wel
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

I am looking for that epic "Lola" by the Kinks live, but can't find it :(
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Antonov wrote:I am looking for that epic "Lola" by the Kinks live, but can't find it :(
Bit more information would be great, old recording or new one etc?
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

found it on dailymotion actually - not sure why not on youtube:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17511 ... live_music
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

so, how is this not here?

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Because we all saw it, bought the VHS/dvd, and stored it among the greatest shit of all time. Part of our rock catechism.

Thanks, anyway. Never ages.

---

This, tho.

The guy who quietly owned Woodstock.

The left still don't get it.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

So, erm, what's the time, you fucking idiot...?!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Going to see this band in a couple of weeks.

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."