Weird songs

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

strad wrote:never thought of it as weird tho....
I didn't mean it in that sense to be honest. But you could just hear the music coming from Germany in the 60s-70s and it sounded otherworldly. A turning point in music for sure.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Jesper reminded me of John Cale in another thread. Reminded me of this song from his Slow Dazzle album, and seeing him perform this song on stage back in the mid 70's, with a very graphic visual on a showing the jewellers eye transposing "into a perfectly formed vagina" going on a screen behind him, which in those days was a shock if not strangely weird. A brilliant artist though.

Very slowly he sipped his tea, not shifting his glance from the thick double-spaced printing he read with his jeweller's eye

Engrossed in his corner, he passed onto the other inhabitants of the room a scrawled insularity of time and space

For both passed him by with the speed of light, not unlike the flow of substance, however varied, into that lysergic entity known as the black hole

He was hardly ugly for his time, and conversation was certainly not lost on him
Drastic measures were called for, and as in antiquity the lonely man was blessed with wisdom to the point of desperation

But there in his corner, developing around him like a sun, was a climate of such rare beauty that sight and sound could no longer be considered sufficient food for the senses

And he had begun to notice, as his hearing failed, that mind and matter were in no way connected to one other, as if in fact the one could not propose and prove its erotic existence in terms of the other

"What does this word mean?" he enquired of the solemn waiter hopefully
"Nothing for dessert sir," came the reply, "perhaps a cocktail, demitasse or a herbal essence, it helps the breathing you know sometimes." "The bill, if you don't mind," quickly he shot back

And as the patter of the feet faded in the room, for he barely heard them now, his eye slowly began to close, and by the time he emerged on the sunny street he was forced to rely entirely on the other eye for help, but happily it continued its many functions, blinking gently for lubrication, and registering images
It was rush hour, in Hawaii only 10 am

So, turning into his street, he stopped at the drug store and bought an eye patch that soon covered the reluctant eye

Climbing the stairs he pondered what to do next, he would call a doctor and have tests made, eat nourishing food and if necessary consent to surgery, the last resort of the gambling man

And at 1 am he awoke from a dream and after fumbling his way in the obolescent light of his room he peered into the rusty veins of his mirror and lifted away the patch

What he saw astonished him. Where once was tremulous tissue and membrane was now a follicle and perfectly formed vagina with vulva, overgrown and mysterious, unrevealing and still to the untrained eye

But in the deep dark recesses of that sticky occlusion lay the unclosing watchful eye of disgust in its closing moments, lunging forward and hungry for the cold light of days

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Bizarre. Cale probably read Burroughs, we know Reed read Poe.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

The horror movie experimental electronica at 14:20 of this crash VHS is easily the weirdest music I've ever heard on a crash comp, and it's made even more bizarre by the fact that it's on a NASCAR segment. They must have been trying to do something artistic with it... I think it's awful, except the piece of music does finish nicely.

They did succeed IMO with the prior 50s-60s Indy 500 segment, which they set to Ride of the Valkyries, even if they did decide to include the Sachs & McDonald fatal and at least one or two other deaths/serious injuries.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

theracer120 wrote: 10 years ago

Seriously bizarre, and quite ahead of its time, instrumental from 1954. I think he's actually shredding on this record at a couple of points. This would also have to be one of the first songs with reverb in it.
Jesper Hvid wrote: 10 years ago Approaches the psychedelic. Remind me, the bit at 0:25-0:31, where's that originally from? It's a horror movie theme, I think. Thanks for the track, quite amazing.
theracer120 wrote: 10 years ago
Jesper Hvid wrote:Remind me, the bit at 0:25-0:31, where's that originally from? It's a horror movie theme, I think.
I've heard it before as well, but I haven't got the slightest clue as to where it would be from.
Carl W. Stalling (1929), for Silly Symphonies?

1:50-2:00. Close.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

theracer120 wrote: 7 years ago

The horror movie experimental electronica at 14:20 of this crash VHS is easily the weirdest music I've ever heard on a crash comp, and it's made even more bizarre by the fact that it's on a NASCAR segment. They must have been trying to do something artistic with it... I think it's awful, except the piece of music does finish nicely.

They did succeed IMO with the prior 50s-60s Indy 500 segment, which they set to Ride of the Valkyries, even if they did decide to include the Sachs & McDonald fatal and at least one or two other deaths/serious injuries.
I know what that is, I'll get back to you on that. It's classical music. Ponchielli's Dance of the Hours, or something similar. Then, Mussorgsky's Catacombae. Will get back to you on both.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

:haha: Soul mate of the admiral from Pinafore.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

God I remember that now. Thanks for the memory jerk. Frampton still in nappies. Almost. :omg:
i also remember ''I Don't Want Our Loving To Die'' :blush:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dont know why but it reminds me of Sloopy living in a bad part of town....

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Reminds me of Sebastian by Cockney Rebel, and something by The Stranglers, but this is more subtle.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »