Still Up For Some More Music, I Hope.

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Bottom post of the previous page:

This is from when Krokus briefly stopped ripping off AC/DC. Instead, they jumped on the Mötley Crüe bandwaggon. Still their most original, and best, disc. Note the funny bridge, which they plagiarised from Whole Lotta Love. They're still at it. Interesting phenomenon. When they dumped singer Marc Storace back in the late 1980s, Kerrang-g-g magazine took the piss and said he'd died in a tragic gardening accident... (cf. Spïnal Tap). As in krokus, the plant. They've never been taken seriously, nor should they. For some reason, I like their stuff, all the same.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Á propos of '80s cringe, here's good, old Mike Tramp and his band The Studs, "live" on Spanish TV, in the pre-White Lion days. The band was called Mabel in Denmark, and they were hysterically popular here in the '70s, like Denmark's Bay City Rollers. So, at this autograph signing, at some mall in Brøndby, there were 5,000 screaming teenagers, expecting to see a live show, but noone'd bloody well told the band, who showed up without gear or anything, so there was a big riot, with police and shit, and they had to flee the scene, and shortly thereafter decided to relocate to Spain, with a new heavy rock stage appearance. The psychopathic Danish tabloid press wanted revenge, so they maliciously brought an absurd fake news story about how Mike was in fact a transsexual who had been operated on by one Jørn Hjorting, who was this utterly talentless standing joke of a schlager music radio DJ for retarded old-age pensioners, and the scandal was, indeed, complete.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kendte/danm ... vi-spiller <--- the great mr. Hjorting, in his heyday.

The Studs didn't make it in Madrid, either. Their crazy gay manager tried to seduce Mike, in their penthouse apartment overlooking the Bernabeu Stadium, not that football really has anything to do with it, but the band of course fell apart in this lunatic environment, and especially as bassist and songwriter Otto Kulmbak had the balls to quit in disgust, so Mike went to the USA and formed hair metal band White Lion, who had an exceptionally good lead guitarist in Vito Bratta, who to my knowledge so far hasn't performed genital surgery without license, or tried to bugger his bandmates, just saying. Wannabe rock stars at that time were just up against the whole unrestrained decadent perversity of the music business. But they made it, and the last album by White Lion proves it.

Tramp spent his entire American fortune on his later project Freak of Nature, which was a commercial, but not artistic, failure, and moved back to Copenhagen. Heard him on the radio the other day, where he subs as a DJ on myrock. He doesn't talk about the past, but I think he sees the funny side of it all. He has to; it's all way too absurd. To this day he remains the greatest Danish rock star. Perhaps he is in fact the only one, internationally. Lars Ulrich is an effing wanker, and King Diamond was too eccentric. VolBeat should just come out of the closet, and get it over with. Noone's heard of Sid Falck. My nation didn't leave much of a mark in the rock and roll business. I blame Jørn Hjorting. :haha:
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Captain Flint and Treasure Island !
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Antonov wrote: 5 years ago
Have you been to the Lido lately? :haha:

---

That classic riff travelled:
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Andy wrote: 5 years ago
Captain Flint and Treasure Island !
One of the finest stories ever told. The spirit of Long John Silver hobbles his way drunkenly through history on a peg. Arrrrr... Pieces of eight! And some for you, too. And they say there's no honour among thieves. ;)
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Dug out my old House of Lords hair metal albums, and for some reason this one by London was stuck in there by mistake. Pretty damn good, Lizzy Borden-style power glam metal. No idea why it says D'Priest on this version of the cover, it wasn't a solo album by him.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

The real problem with early 'Sabbath is the ecclasiastical lyrics of Terry "Geezer" Butler.

Here's something you probably won't have heard anyone say before, haha.
Black Sabbath was the world's first White Metal band!
And there it is. :haha:
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

This is unquestionably the funniest album title in the history of rock.

"The Hall Of Floaters In The Sky"... even worse than "The Hall of the Mountain Grill", by Hawkwind.

1975. Progressive Hungarian band. They sound like Keith Relf's band Armageddon.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Jesper Hvid wrote: 5 years ago
I listened to this in a retro moment earlier today! I had the vinyl of 'In Rock'.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Bernie Tormé unfortunately didn't survive his recent illness. I used to enjoy the Gillan-albums, but can't remember much from them, as I haven't listened to them for maybe 20 years. I recall some pretty good stuff on this album, tho.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Order...ORDER...! :haha:
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

A long, hard look.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Three different kinds. The one who thinks he's in charge, the one who thinks the man in charge is in charge, and the one who likes to think the man in charge of the man in charge, is in fact, a man.