What do you think is the greatest Circuit in the world?

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Post Reply
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

Latest post of the previous page:

3 years late, but i like Road Atlanta. There's been some spectacular crashes there and the track is a hoot to race on with NR2003. :thumbsup:

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 38660
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 14 years ago

Debo318 wrote:3 years late, but i like Road Atlanta. There's been some spectacular crashes there and the track is a hoot to race on with NR2003. :thumbsup:
You like Road Atlanta because of the crashes that have occured there? :huh:
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

PTRACER wrote:
Debo318 wrote:3 years late, but i like Road Atlanta. There's been some spectacular crashes there and the track is a hoot to race on with NR2003. :thumbsup:
You like Road Atlanta because of the crashes that have occured there? :huh:
Not just the crashes. Just saying there's been some pretty spectacular blowovers there. Dalmas in '98 and Auberlen '00. I believe Atlanta is the perfect example of a good road course. Long sweeping straights, tight 90 degree turns, downhill esses, and a hill you gotta be careful on. I've raced it with a '91 Mazda on NR2003, and I always have fun with it. That's why I really like it. But of course, that's just my opinion :thumbsup:

User avatar
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 10882
Joined: 17 years ago

Post by Warren » 14 years ago

Do you hold it flat, through the last turn?

Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

I let up a tad because the rear kicks out a bit sometimes and I lose it.

User avatar
SB83
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Sandeep Banerjee
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Nordschelife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Suzuki Ritz (Splash), Ford Ecosport
Location: Gliese 876 b

Post by SB83 » 14 years ago

Debo318 wrote:
PTRACER wrote:
Debo318 wrote:3 years late, but i like Road Atlanta. There's been some spectacular crashes there and the track is a hoot to race on with NR2003. :thumbsup:
You like Road Atlanta because of the crashes that have occured there? :huh:
Not just the crashes. Just saying there's been some pretty spectacular blowovers there. Dalmas in '98 and Auberlen '00. I believe Atlanta is the perfect example of a good road course. Long sweeping straights, tight 90 degree turns, downhill esses, and a hill you gotta be careful on. I've raced it with a '91 Mazda on NR2003, and I always have fun with it. That's why I really like it. But of course, that's just my opinion :thumbsup:
Try out the pre-1997 version of Road Atlanta in GPL though. That last corner is even more fun when you're powering thru it a much wider slip angle. :haha: Not easy to do every lap, but sure is fun when you get it right. :thumbsup:
Last edited by SB83 14 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

I bet if i can find the physics for the TPTCC mod, I could blow right thru it. Right now, I have the stock car physics on IMSA cars :haha:.I wish I had physics, sound, and a damage model for that mod. Perhaps my favorite mod I have. PS, haven't played GPL cause I don't have it. Nor do I have room for it on my comp (160 GB of space, 50 GB of crashes, 50 for other games, 50 more for random crap) :wink:

User avatar
SB83
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Sandeep Banerjee
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Nordschelife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Suzuki Ritz (Splash), Ford Ecosport
Location: Gliese 876 b

Post by SB83 » 14 years ago

So you're driving the 91 Mazda but with stock car physics? But how come? :happy: The GTP mod uses its own physics that took them so long to make.

Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

Yeah, still don't know what I was thinking :haha: *slaps self*

Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

Great, I put the GTP mod on, and now the game doesn't work. Just fuckin' great :roll:

Alonsomania
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 917
Joined: 15 years ago
Location: Nieuwerkerk a/d IJssel, Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Alonsomania » 14 years ago

For the sake of difference, Lahr!

Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1114
Joined: 14 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring
Location: Berlin

Post by Metzo » 14 years ago

Wunstorf and Zweibrücken are better imo :tongue: :mrgreen:

User avatar
SB83
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Sandeep Banerjee
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Nordschelife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Suzuki Ritz (Splash), Ford Ecosport
Location: Gliese 876 b

Post by SB83 » 14 years ago

Debo318 wrote:Great, I put the GTP mod on, and now the game doesn't work. Just fuckin' great :roll:
You need to install it somewhere else, or it just overwrites your stock car files and you hear a V6 while driving around Talladega. :wave:

Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

Yea, i'm going to just re-install my whole game and keep my mods, cars, and tracks

User avatar
SB83
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3158
Joined: 17 years ago
Real Name: Sandeep Banerjee
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Nordschelife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Suzuki Ritz (Splash), Ford Ecosport
Location: Gliese 876 b

Post by SB83 » 14 years ago

Debo318 wrote:Yea, i'm going to just re-install my whole game and keep my mods, cars, and tracks
Do this. Install N2003. Then re-install it again by manually running the setup and point to some other dir of course. Now while installing GTP, point it to the first installation and presto, its done, and without messing up a thing.

Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 265
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Great state of Texas
Contact:

Post by Debo318 » 14 years ago

Hotdogger wrote:
Debo318 wrote:Yea, i'm going to just re-install my whole game and keep my mods, cars, and tracks
Do this. Install N2003. Then re-install it again by manually running the setup and point to some other dir of course. Now while installing GTP, point it to the first installation and presto, its done, and without messing up a thing.
So basically I'm getting 2 games? One with my other mods and tracks, the other with GTP?

Post Reply