What do you think is the greatest Circuit in the world?

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Debo318 wrote:3 years late, but i like Road Atlanta. There's been some spectacular crashes there and the track is a hoot to race on with NR2003. :thumbsup:
You like Road Atlanta because of the crashes that have occured there? :huh:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Debo318 »

PTRACER wrote:
Debo318 wrote:3 years late, but i like Road Atlanta. There's been some spectacular crashes there and the track is a hoot to race on with NR2003. :thumbsup:
Not just the crashes. Just saying there's been some pretty spectacular blowovers there. Dalmas in '98 and Auberlen '00. I believe Atlanta is the perfect example of a good road course. Long sweeping straights, tight 90 degree turns, downhill esses, and a hill you gotta be careful on. I've raced it with a '91 Mazda on NR2003, and I always have fun with it. That's why I really like it. But of course, that's just my opinion :thumbsup:
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Do you hold it flat, through the last turn?
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Debo318 »

I let up a tad because the rear kicks out a bit sometimes and I lose it.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Debo318 wrote:
PTRACER wrote:
Not just the crashes. Just saying there's been some pretty spectacular blowovers there. Dalmas in '98 and Auberlen '00. I believe Atlanta is the perfect example of a good road course. Long sweeping straights, tight 90 degree turns, downhill esses, and a hill you gotta be careful on. I've raced it with a '91 Mazda on NR2003, and I always have fun with it. That's why I really like it. But of course, that's just my opinion :thumbsup:
Try out the pre-1997 version of Road Atlanta in GPL though. That last corner is even more fun when you're powering thru it a much wider slip angle. :haha: Not easy to do every lap, but sure is fun when you get it right. :thumbsup:
Last edited by SBan83 17 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Debo318 »

I bet if i can find the physics for the TPTCC mod, I could blow right thru it. Right now, I have the stock car physics on IMSA cars :haha:.I wish I had physics, sound, and a damage model for that mod. Perhaps my favorite mod I have. PS, haven't played GPL cause I don't have it. Nor do I have room for it on my comp (160 GB of space, 50 GB of crashes, 50 for other games, 50 more for random crap) :wink:
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

So you're driving the 91 Mazda but with stock car physics? But how come? :happy: The GTP mod uses its own physics that took them so long to make.
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Debo318 »

Yeah, still don't know what I was thinking :haha: *slaps self*
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Debo318 »

Great, I put the GTP mod on, and now the game doesn't work. Just fuckin' great :roll:
Alonsomania
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Alonsomania »

For the sake of difference, Lahr!
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

Wunstorf and Zweibrücken are better imo :tongue: :mrgreen:
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Debo318 wrote:Great, I put the GTP mod on, and now the game doesn't work. Just fuckin' great :roll:
You need to install it somewhere else, or it just overwrites your stock car files and you hear a V6 while driving around Talladega. :wave:
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Debo318 »

Yea, i'm going to just re-install my whole game and keep my mods, cars, and tracks
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Debo318 wrote:Yea, i'm going to just re-install my whole game and keep my mods, cars, and tracks
Do this. Install N2003. Then re-install it again by manually running the setup and point to some other dir of course. Now while installing GTP, point it to the first installation and presto, its done, and without messing up a thing.
Debo318
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Debo318 »

Hotdogger wrote:
Debo318 wrote:Yea, i'm going to just re-install my whole game and keep my mods, cars, and tracks
Do this. Install N2003. Then re-install it again by manually running the setup and point to some other dir of course. Now while installing GTP, point it to the first installation and presto, its done, and without messing up a thing.
So basically I'm getting 2 games? One with my other mods and tracks, the other with GTP?
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Debo318 wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:
So basically I'm getting 2 games? One with my other mods and tracks, the other with GTP?
Yea, basically, when GTP runs, it simply checks the registry to see if there's N2003 installed or not and of the latest version. And I'm suggesting you to install it to the first installation because your most recent installation is the one which is binded to the registry. So, in the future, even if you format your primary drive, and your GTP was installed on a secondary drive, all you have to do is re-install N2003 somewhere and you can run GTP right off that old installation. :)