Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
- Ultimate Member
- Posts: 24665
- Joined: 13 years ago
- Real Name: Chris
- Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
- Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
- Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
- Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
- Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe
- Location: 8 kms from Albert Park, Melbourne.
Last post from previous page:
ReneLotus wrote: ↑
2 months ago
Wasn't that the year where he broke his legs in a paraglider accident early in the season?
Yes he broke both his legs hang gliding when he crashed into a mountain on June 3, 1979, and missed the second half of the season. He had an engine failure in Monaco and then broke his legs, never driving for Ligier again. (He came back in 1980, but in an Alfa. He died on 1st August 1980 at Hockenheim, testing. He never finished a race with Alfa.
In fact the last race he ever finished was for Ligier in Spain 1979, as he crashed out in the following race in Belgium (whilst leading). Then came Monaco where as said he broke an engine.
*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*
*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
- I am Stefan GP
- Posts: 11310
- Joined: 10 years ago
- Real Name: Tobias
- Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
- Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
- Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
- Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
- Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI
- Location: home
his Zolder crash was odd. Seems to have been taken by surprise on the marbles (in as far as those existed back in the day).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests