Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
- I am Stefan GP
- Posts: 11536
- Joined: 10 years ago
- Real Name: Tobias
- Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
- Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
- Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
- Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
- Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI
- Location: home
Latest post of the previous page:
erwin greven wrote: ↑
9 months ago
I simply can't remember a lot of the seasons. I know who won the title, but my memory about those races is gone.
I hear you there. Actually my memory is probably poorest when it comes to the most recent seasons.
- Forum Administrator
- Posts: 27515
- Joined: 11 years ago
- Real Name: Kieran
- Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
- Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
- Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
- Location: New Jersey
Antonov wrote: ↑
9 months ago
I did limit myself to one race per season (as per the rules, which you break as usual).
1) Thread title = best races
2) Opening post = multiple races
3) You've asked for advice on what RACES
are worth watching
- Ultimate Member
- Posts: 14536
- Joined: 14 years ago
- Real Name: Erwin Greven
- Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
- Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
- Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
- Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
- Car(s) Currently Owned: Renault Clio 1.2 2003
- Location: Stadskanaal, Groningen
I watched 2 races in 1978, 1 in 1979 and between 1980 and 1990 i watched all races when they were aired live on the NOS (Ned. Omroep Stichting, Dutch Broadcast Foundation). Several were highlights. In 1992 RTL got the rights to broadcast and since then i watched all races live.
Of all those races from the 70's 80's and 90's i only remember fragments. Like Patrese's crash at Estoril, Arnoux at Zandvoort, Mansell at Adelaide, Hill's first win in 1994 in Spain after Senna's death.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DJ at www.metalmessiahradio.com
*** Every Tuesday 1pm - 4pm EST.