Page 5 of 5

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 18:05 pm
by hollie3sa

Latest post of the previous page:

Image

@Antonov @Antonov @Antonov

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 18:07 pm
by kals
From 1982. I think that may have been posted before. That hairpin was early in lap, somewhere around turns 4-6 and only lasted year one of the race, being replaced by a 90 degree left hander from 1983 onward.

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 18:35 pm
by Antonov
that's massive, thanks!

note the "LEC" at the bottom of the pic - Detroit already forecasted the coming of Leclerc more than 30 years ago!

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 19:38 pm
by Antonov
this is how it was after 1982:

Image

Image

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 19:42 pm
by kals
lol it took me a few moments to realise that was a horribly photoshopped image

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:24 am
by John
kals wrote:
1 year ago
lol it took me a few moments to realise that was a horribly MS-Painted* image
FIFY

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30 am
by Antonov
well, at least it's accurate.

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am
by Michael Ferner
kals wrote:
1 year ago
lol it took me a few moments to realise that was a horribly photoshopped image
Me, too! :haha:
Antonov wrote:
1 year ago
that's massive, thanks!

note the "LEC" at the bottom of the pic - Detroit already forecasted the coming of Leclerc more than 30 years ago!
No, they were just five years late for David Purley.

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:01 am
by Everso Biggyballies
Michael Ferner wrote:
1 year ago

No, they were just five years late for David Purley.
Thats where my mind went too. :wink:

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 09:28 am
by Antonov
I drew a new racetrack!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7424718

just imagine the look on the faces of the drivers when they see it :cool:

At just over 3 km, the race would be 99 laps!

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 15:35 pm
by kals
Antonov wrote:
8 months ago
I drew a new racetrack!

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7424718

just imagine the look on the faces of the drivers when they see it :cool:

At just over 3 km, the race would be 99 laps!
Image

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 20:25 pm
by erwin greven
How to turn the car at the hairpin? Way too tight.

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 21:01 pm
by kals
Why does that matter lol? It's fictional and never going to happen.

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 23:13 pm
by MonteCristo
erwin greven wrote:
8 months ago
How to turn the car at the hairpin? Way too tight.
That never stopped A1GP.

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 23:26 pm
by theracer120
or Formula E.

Re: The Detroit Grand Prix

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 01:32 am
by Michkov
erwin greven wrote:
8 months ago
How to turn the car at the hairpin? Way too tight.
Nothing a bit of right foot can't solve