Question about Brazil 1994

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ayrton had to drive a dork of a car, that is why he had to overdrive the car. Combine this with a not fully legal Benetton and you can do the math.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
LaraCroft2016
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Indycar, Nascar
Favourite Racing Car: Williams-Renault
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Dale Earnhardt
Favourite Circuit: Daytona, Talladega, Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: no

Post by LaraCroft2016 »

erwin greven wrote: 6 years ago Ayrton had to drive a dork of a car, that is why he had to overdrive the car. Combine this with a not fully legal Benetton and you can do the math.
I see, ok, thanks, the video I showed you talk about using worn tyres in the last pit stop, anyway.
"The attacks to the twin towers were planned since 1982" Osama Bin Laden in 2004
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

LaraCroft2016 wrote: 6 years ago... the video I showed you talk about using worn tyres in the last pit stop, anyway.
And what is the significance of that? Back then it was rare for a brand spanking new set of tyres to be put onto a car at a pit stop. The norm then was to bed a set of tyres in during practice as that would increase their optimum performance during a race.

To quote myself to you @LaraCroft2016
kals wrote: 6 years ago
LaraCroft2016 wrote: 6 years ago As you see, Nelson Piquet talks about losing the brazilian gp in 1994 because of the pitstop.
What else are you looking for here? Both myself and Everso have explained more than once what happened in the pit stop and Ayrton's subsequent over-driving. Maybe I'm missing something with the question you're asking and the information you're looking for.