Motorsports Circuit Database

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Busy with the Interlagos page: could be online this weekend.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Interlagos will look like this.

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I'm exporting Silverstone in its various guises at the moment. Here are all layouts at the same time.

Only question that remains is which year Stowe circuit was build. It's some time between 94 and 96, but that's as close as I could find out.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Spa's up next. I'm done with the research bar the minor questions below. If you could chime in on some of my speculation that would be great.

• 1921 & 1934 are the same layout?
  • The old database has two versions for 47 &57 which seem to be the same layout wise. I cant find anything on what changed between those two. All I can think of is that the pit area was renovated as it looks different from the GPL version in the 1950s documents.
  • Did the sportscars use the Eau Rouge chicane in 94 or was it F1 exclusive?
  • Did the 2007 rebuild move La Source further north?
  • My understanding is that the present track isn't a public road anymore. Is that right, if so when did it become a permanent racetrack?
  • Database has temporary chicane for national bike races in the busstop. Can you give me a timespan when it was in use?
  • I dont know when the Kart track was build. Or when it was modified as it got a chicane sometime post 07.
  • Malmedy, had a chicane over a the years. Am I right in assuming the purple line in the picture follows the chicane layout?
    Following that which route does the old circuit take when the road splits downstream of Malmedy. I'm inclined to go with yellow.
  • Masta, apparently they build a chicane there towards the end of the sportscar era, but never used. I take it the orange section is the chicane.
  • Hollowell, the marked layout seems close to the circuit maps I found. But just to confirm its the actual hairpin and not a modern street that looks similar.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

The Masta Chicane was indeed as shown.
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Malmédy chicane looks about right, too. Eau Rouge chicane was F1 only. No longer a public road? That's news to me, but I suppose it's possible - haven't been up there in a while.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

@Michkov - Spa underwent some changes in 1957.

I'm not entirely sure what changes were made elsewhere on the track, but I know the start/finish line was straightened and the entry to Eau Rouge was re-profiled slightly, judging by this comparison between 1955 and 1958. The top of Radillion was also 'flattened' to stop cars jumping off the ground as they reached the top of the hill.

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

i hope to finish the Brazilian section this weekend. After that i start with updating some simple stuff. Because my mental and physical health was that bad the last year that i had second to none energy in anything.
ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

Spa became a permanent track after 2003. The circuit's website isn't very clear on the exact date.
http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/circuit-history
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I went looking for images of the old hairpin and discovered a MX track at the back of the S/F grandstands. It seems it was there only for a year or two around 2000. Trying to narrow the time it was in existence atm.
ReneLotus wrote: 7 years ago Spa became a permanent track after 2003. The circuit's website isn't very clear on the exact date.
http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/circuit-history
Thanks. Yearly increments accurate enough.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Spa is a pain to research, everytime I think I everything something new turns up. So I turned my efforts to the actual pages. I think I finally figured how I can get give every track a single html page while still being able to link to individual layouts. So without further ado here is the updated Bahrain International Circuit. Play around with it and report back any mistakes you find.

Question for @erwin greven you have been working on all the lists as far as I know. Do you want to be able to link to specific layouts or is the general link to the circuit enough? For example for the 2012 Bahrain GP to the Endurance layout. Right now I got it set up only for the Kart tracks, but its just a matter of putting some more tags in the html.

Finally I reorganized the directories, not sure if I mentioned that before, updated pages go into root/Tracks/Country/... now. I hope this will help with auto generating track list in the future instead of writing them by hand. Still no idea how to do this, but than again I had no idea how javascript worked before this either.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Still have to finish Brazil.. Got so many projects that i barely have time to finish things.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

No worries, I can do Interlagos and the other tracks. I think I got a template now where I can just plug in the right values and get a working page out quickly. Only thing I'm not sure about is if we should keep the further details section and if so what to put in it.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Michkov wrote: 6 years ago No worries, I can do Interlagos and the other tracks. I think I got a template now where I can just plug in the right values and get a working page out quickly. Only thing I'm not sure about is if we should keep the further details section and if so what to put in it.
Great!! Go ahead!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 6 years ago Mexico City 1959-2017 :wave:
The pages work, but many of the layouts don't display images...Or is it meant to be like that for now? :blush:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records