**Guess the circuit**

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Cheeveer wrote: 5 years ago There has been more than one race track in Falkenberg. :wink:
Like this one?

E:\\ Wait. That's not the correct one.

I was looking for videos of "Skreabanan"? Is that it?

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Skreabanan is correct! Falkenbergs Motorbana was built in 1967 to replace the old road course.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Cheeveer wrote: 5 years ago Skreabanan is correct! Falkenbergs Motorbana was built in 1967 to replace the old road course.
Great choice! A tough one to crack. But it somehow got me interested in Swedish motor racing history :happy:

Is the track called "Skreabanan" or "Skreabanen"? The second one is the spelling at gdecarli.net.

And is the corner from the photo visible in the video?
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

hollie3sa wrote: 5 years ago
Cheeveer wrote: 5 years ago Skreabanan is correct! Falkenbergs Motorbana was built in 1967 to replace the old road course.
Great choice! A tough one to crack. But it somehow got me interested in Swedish motor racing history :happy:

Is the track called "Skreabanan" or "Skreabanen"? The second one is the spelling at gdecarli.net.

And is the corner from the photo visible in the video?
"Banan" means "circuit". "Banen" is not a word.

I believe that was the final corner (Falkenbergkurvan on the map bellow) of the circuit, same as this:

Not really sure where that was in that video, since the track has been cut in half by the motorway since it was discontinued. Anyway, here are some more pics and maps:

1963:

1964:

1962: http://www.ampe.info/vastkustloppet1962/
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Thank you, thank you and thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Looks like Starkey's Bridge at Donington Park.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Fixed:
Michael Ferner wrote: 5 years ago I'm going to have to disqualify myself! :annoyed:
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Our Circuit Database lists both under Falkenberg, but from a quick glance at the map you posted and google maps makes it look like the two circuits are quite a ways apart. With the Skreabanan possibly not even existing completely anymore, or the roads are too narrow to show up.

Question I had was would you list them under the same circuit or two separate ones?
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Michael Ferner wrote: 5 years ago Looks like Starkey's Bridge at Donington Park.
It's correct, of course:

August 27th 1937
Austin Dobson on the Maserati 6CM chasing the ERA driven by either Brackenbury or Carlo Pintacuda (they shared the car) at the X JUNIOR CAR CLUB 200 MILE RACE 1937
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Michkov wrote: 5 years ago
Our Circuit Database lists both under Falkenberg, but from a quick glance at the map you posted and google maps makes it look like the two circuits are quite a ways apart. With the Skreabanan possibly not even existing completely anymore, or the roads are too narrow to show up.

Question I had was would you list them under the same circuit or two separate ones?
Different ones, since they don't share one meter of asphalt. But I don't know how you usually do, it is the same case with the circuits at Sachsenring and Brno - the purpose built track replaced the old road course. The signature event at Skreabanan - "Västkustloppet" (The West Coast Race) - was moved to the new track. So while it is a completely different track, it is the same franchise.
Last edited by Cheeveer 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

They're two different circuits, IMHO. Skreabanan deserves it's own spot in the database.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

In an effort to thwart @Michael Ferner.

:P :P :P :P :P
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 5 years ago In an effort to thwart @Michael Ferner.

:P :P :P :P :P
Albert Park?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Nah. He's just trying to fool us. :rolleyes:

It's the entry to his driveway... :tongue:
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

It's the Tom Selleck-styled rug on @MonteCristos chest.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Cheeveer wrote: 5 years ago
Michkov wrote: 5 years ago

Different ones, since they don't share one meter of asphalt. But I don't know how you usually do, it is the same case with the circuits at Sachsenring and Brno - the purpose built track replaced the old road course. The signature event at Skreabanan - "Västkustloppet" (The West Coast Race) - was moved to the new track. So while it is a completely different track, it is the same franchise.
Sachsenring get the same entry since the last one is a modification of the old track, granted that's quite tenuous as you can see.

Brno will get the Spa treatment, with a zoom to the modern track, since it's so close to the original one.

Falkenberg will get two when I get around to it, pretty much has to since Singapore and Thompson Road are separate too.