WOO! What a great Austrian GP! Rate the race here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16691

What circuits / venues have you visited?

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
User avatar
James B
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 606
Joined: 9 years ago
Real Name: James Bennett

Re: What circuits / venues have you visited?

Post by James B » 9 years ago

Latest post of the previous page:

Visited:
Thruxton (2006, 2008)
Castle Combe (2000)
Pembrey (1997, 1998)
Walt Disney World Speedway (1996, 1998, 2000 - well, driven right past it, I suppose that counts as visiting)

Also if you're counting rallying - Rally GB:
St Gwynno stage 1997
Cardiff Superspecial stage 2001
Visited the services in 1997 (Resolven), 2000 (Swansea) and 2003 (Felindre)

User avatar
kals
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 28275
Joined: 12 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 9 years ago

Thanks for joining the survey James, your list reminded me of a few missing venues from my list. The rally stages are great to include. Apart from a couple of spectator stages the only true rally stage I went to see I cannot remember the name of.

As for driving past Walt Disney World circuit I don't think I can include that on the list. Did you actually visit the venue and / or see any racing / track activity?

Tobias, sorry but I cannot include the indoor karting circuit as I mentioned in my post above.

Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 645
Joined: 10 years ago
Real Name: Lunatic Armchair
Favourite Motorsport: late 70s - early 00s

Post by Dave » 9 years ago

Millwaukee Mile
Richmond International
Daytona International
Sunshine Action Speedway
Atomic Motorspeedway
Smoky Mountain Race Park
Indianapolis Motorspeedway

User avatar
James B
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 606
Joined: 9 years ago
Real Name: James Bennett

Post by James B » 9 years ago

kals wrote:As for driving past Walt Disney World circuit I don't think I can include that on the list. Did you actually visit the venue and / or see any racing / track activity?
Well I didn't go inside, so it's a no then

User avatar
phil1993
New Member
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: 9 years ago
Real Name: Phillip Horton
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/20
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps

Post by phil1993 » 9 years ago

Hi guys, many know me from another forum Light.

I've been to:
Thruxton (Bsb, F3, BTCC; 2006, 2007)
Brands Hatch (WTCC, BTCC, A1GP; 2007, 2008)
Silverstone (F1; 2008, 2010)
Spa Francorchamps (Just to visit in 2008, F1 2009)
Donington (Went to the museum and saw some of the track when it resembled a bombsite, 2009)

All as a spectator.

User avatar
Rainyday
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Joonas Ossian Puhakka
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife
Location: Espoo, Finland

Post by Rainyday » 9 years ago

So, my list:

Neste Rally Finland 2009, following stages:

Mökkiperä 1
Leustu 1
Himos 2
Väärinmaja
Myhinpää 1&2

I also saw Östberg's and Räikkönen's crashes live in Väärinmaja, as we happened to choose a good spot.

For karting venues:

Forssa
Hyvinkää
Kaanaa
Tattarinsuo

All of them host national level kart races.

I've also been to Nordschleife in a car around the circuit, so I suppose it counts.

Can't think of anything else right now that I've been in.
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 38027
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 9 years ago

I have been metres away from part of the old Elaintarha circuit in Helsinki and not realised it until later, but I guess that doesn't count :tongue:
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
James B
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 606
Joined: 9 years ago
Real Name: James Bennett

Post by James B » 9 years ago

On a similar note, when I went to France a few years ago I stayed in Criel-sur-Mer, and something I didn't find out until later was that Criel was on the route of the former French GP circuit around Dieppe. But given that that last hosted a race in 1912, that definitely doesn't count

User avatar
Rainyday
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Joonas Ossian Puhakka
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife
Location: Espoo, Finland

Post by Rainyday » 9 years ago

PTRACER wrote:I have been metres away from part of the old Elaintarha circuit in Helsinki and not realised it until later, but I guess that doesn't count :tongue:
Oh, Pasila train station, right? Which reminds me of the fact that I was in the car when my friend drove the whole old Eläintarha circuit, despite the fact that the last part is a pedestrian-only zone nowadays. :haha:


I've also partially driven the Sörnäinen (Helsinki Thunder) street circuit in driving school.
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 38027
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 9 years ago

Rainyday wrote:
PTRACER wrote:I have been metres away from part of the old Elaintarha circuit in Helsinki and not realised it until later, but I guess that doesn't count :tongue:
Oh, Pasila train station, right? Which reminds me of the fact that I was in the car when my friend drove the whole old Eläintarha circuit, despite the fact that the last part is a pedestrian-only zone nowadays. :haha:
No, we walked there, we stood by the lake just south of it and walked north but we turned left on the main road that passes Eläintarha.
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

User avatar
Rainyday
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Joonas Ossian Puhakka
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife
Location: Espoo, Finland

Post by Rainyday » 9 years ago

PTRACER wrote:
Rainyday wrote:
PTRACER wrote:I have been metres away from part of the old Elaintarha circuit in Helsinki and not realised it until later, but I guess that doesn't count :tongue:
Oh, Pasila train station, right? Which reminds me of the fact that I was in the car when my friend drove the whole old Eläintarha circuit, despite the fact that the last part is a pedestrian-only zone nowadays. :haha:
No, we walked there, we stood by the lake just south of it and walked north but we turned left on the main road that passes Eläintarha.
Ah.

It's not a lake, it's Töölönlahti (Bay of Töölö) and it's actually a sea bay, there's the railway bridge that goes over the canal so it looks like a lake. I guess you were right by Vauhtitie, which has quite an... interesting Swedish translation (Fartvägen) :haha: It actually means "Road of Speed" or "Speedway" in English, but could be also translated as "Fastlane", so you missed actually two important spots instead of one.

I wish I could've met you there, I know the course and could've walked you around. Oh well.
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 38027
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 9 years ago

You were too busy extracting nails from your head, but I digress.

:topic:
King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records

Sam
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1665
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: Southern Finland

Post by Sam » 9 years ago

I'll add mine to the list:

Finland, circuits
Ahvenisto (visited, 2008)
Botniaring (visited, drove around, 2008)
Motopark (visited, loads of times)

Finland, rally stages (I'll limit this to Rally Finland, I can't remember stagen names for the smaller events I've been to)
Killeri (spectated, 2006)
Laajavuori (spectated, 2006, 2007, 2010)
Laukaa (stewarding, 2006)
Kuohu (stewarding, 2006)
Palsankylä (stewarding, 2007)
Paviljonki service park (2006, 2007, 2010)

Abroad:
Spa-Francorchamps (visited, 2009 24 Hours of Spa)
Nürburgring Nordschleife (drove around in a rental car)
Brands Hatch (visited, WTCC in 2009)

For the record, I've also checked out the Eläintarha and Sörnäinen circuits in Helsinki but those were not during any events.

Metzo
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: 14 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring
Location: Berlin

Post by Metzo » 9 years ago

AVUS 8)

User avatar
SB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1842
Joined: 14 years ago
Location: 2 hours from the "Ring"

Post by SB » 9 years ago

Active tracks:
Hockenheim
Nürburgring


Kart-Tracks :
Vogelsbergring, Wittgenborn


Rally :
Some Rally stages ADAC Deutschland Rally


Abandoned / Closed tracks :
Schottenring
Solitude
Opel-Bahn near Rüsselsheim
Feldbergring
Swen
http://www.gplracer.eu/ = GPL65 GPL 66 and TC's / My GPL Rank
Image

Mäth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 16 years ago
Location: Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

Post by Mäth » 9 years ago

I went to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2005 and 2006 for the F1 weekend. Both years, I came on all 4 days. I also went on Friday in 2009 and 2010 for the NASCAR Nationwide Supports pratice/qualifying sessions. I also walk the track once or twice a year :)

Went to the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières in 2002 and 2005, both years I came on all 3 days.
2005 Guess The Pole Accuracy champion
2010 Guess The Pole Overall champion
2010 Guess The Pole Accuracy champion

Post Reply