rFactor 1 & 2

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

As the SLF game is now defunct...I didn't upload this, just sharing the link:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/15UcbJdS/AsT ... ?locale=en
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

DTM Mods. Can anyone recommend the best? I haven't driven a simracing Norisring for about ten years either. Seems like a necessary combination.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I dunno... Touring Car Legends still have the best historical DTM carsets, every year until 1989 I believe. Some cars from 1990 exists too (not the Audi though). For GTR2 there's a 1990-1992 DTM mod, but not as good quality and only Audi, BMW and Merc. Unaccurate models too, but physics enhancements for each year at least. There are 1993-1995 mods for rFactor, but they are shite.

Look here for the Touring Car Legends "Revival" thing: http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t17921-t ... don-thread

For modern stuff I ain't got a clue.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I wanted a more modern mod. 2000s onwards.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

At the moment i play more and more rFactor 2. Driving the BMW Z4 GT3 around tracks like Daytona Road Course, Sebring and Bathurst.
Did one online race at www.racedepartment.com. Finally a bit competitive again. At least i got much more feeling and control over the Beemer. Something i missed a lot in NR2k3. The last two years were really demotivating.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Found my way back to rFactor 1 and the BMW F1 2007 car...Oh man, that's as exciting as fuck. I was driving around the Brands Hatch GP circuit in 63 seconds and around Donington in about 1'10. Everything happens so damn fast and yet you can be so accurate with it. Paddock Bend at 150mph+ was just :jaw:

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

That car is too much for me using a gamepad, but now I'm tempted to have a go later tonight.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I don't see how it would be fun with a gamepad :blush: Maybe with all aids on and a big, wide, open circuit.

How much faster are these things than the current F1 cars? 4, 5 seconds a lap?

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

The gamepad works well for some of the lower powered cars and some of the high powered single seaters that have large downforce.
PTRACER wrote:How much faster are these things than the current F1 cars? 4, 5 seconds a lap?
2007 Australian GP
Pole Position - 1:26.072 (Kimi Raikkonen)
Fastest Lap - 1:25.235 (Kimi Raikkonen)

2016 Australian GP
Pole Position - 1:23.837 (Lewis Hamilton)
Fastest Lap - 1:28.997 (Daniel Ricciardo)

2007 Bahrain GP
Pole Position - 1:32.652 (Felipe Massa)
Fastest Lap - 1:34.067 (Felipe Massa)

2016 Bahrain GP
Pole Position - 1:29.493 (Lewis Hamilton)
Fastest Lap - 1:34.482 (Nico Rosberg)
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

I fired up rFactor 2 to do some wheeling around for the first time in at least two years, probably more like three. I naturally sucked.

However, it was fun as hell driving the new (to me) DW12 Indycar around some tracks like the old Monza and Spa. The downforce makes it bloody brilliant. I think at Spa you only brake about three times and lift a couple of times more!

Only managed to do it since I'm on holidays though. Can't see myself having the time once I get back to work. Would love to get back into it though. Some time in the distant future...
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

is rfactor 2 expensive? what should I buy, which mods?
please remember I am a keyboard driver.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Demo, rF2 light and rF2 lifetime license.

All mod downloads
I would start with the open wheel 60's mod. (EVE F-1, F2, F3)

But tbh. To get the max out of this game: get a wheel and pedals.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote:I fired up rFactor 2 to do some wheeling around for the first time in at least two years, probably more like three. I naturally sucked.

However, it was fun as hell driving the new (to me) DW12 Indycar around some tracks like the old Monza and Spa. The downforce makes it bloody brilliant. I think at Spa you only brake about three times and lift a couple of times more!

Only managed to do it since I'm on holidays though. Can't see myself having the time once I get back to work. Would love to get back into it though. Some time in the distant future...
I take it that means you don't have iRacing and their DW12 to compare it to?

I'd be "happy" to pay money for iRacing as a realistic simulator, but rFactor 2 still seems like a "homebrew mods" game. No matter how professionally they may be made, I still imagine physics to be created by a spotty 30 year old virgin who's never even sat in a racing car, or ever spoken to someone who's driven one.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:I fired up rFactor 2 to do some wheeling around for the first time in at least two years, probably more like three. I naturally sucked.

I take it that means you don't have iRacing and their DW12 to compare it to?

I'd be "happy" to pay money for iRacing as a realistic simulator, but rFactor 2 still seems like a "homebrew mods" game. No matter how professionally they may be made, I still imagine physics to be created by a spotty 30 year old virgin who's never even sat in a racing car, or ever spoken to someone who's driven one.
Nope, no iRacing for me. I like the idea of starting out crappy, and working my way (hopefully) up through the leagues to my natural speed (which is about two levels above useless, and three below awful). But alas, no, never played it. Just looks too expensive for my taste given that you need to pay for extra cars and tracks, plus a subscription.

I got rF2 when it very first came out in beta a few years ago. I've been disappointed with ISI and how quickly (or rather, haven't) developed things.

I dare say the official stuff would handle pretty well, but I wouldn't drive third party mods, aside from the much spoken about CART mod. That said, ISI were meant to be developing their own Reynard or Lola from 1995ish, so that would provide a good baseline for other cars and their physics. But as with everything with ISI and rF2, it's taken what feels like a decade, and still hasn't come out.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

ISI developed a CART 2007 (?) mod for the original rF. I remember it felt very arcade-like to drive. The BMW F1 car feels spot on though.

I can't stand most community mods. It's like what I said on another thread, the Group C Sportscar mod should be the greatest mod since sliced bread, but the modders assumed 1980s tyres were made out of ice and driving them is ridiculously hard. Er, no, the technology worked really quite well and they had tons of grip! And the historic touring car mods are like drift cars and go faster sideways than forwards.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Yeah, there's some dodgy stuff out there. The rF2 60s formula cars are as much fun as I've ever had in a sim though. So rewarding to get right.

I've made a promise to myself that when I retire I'll get myself a new gaming rig and a sim cockpit that I'll be able to sit my no doubt by then fat arse into. Something to look forward to!