rFactor 1 & 2

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I have signed up for a Sebring 3 hours... with a Rondeau M382. I hadn't tested it before I signed up, talk about a shitbox, lol. Well, that is the beauty of the mods, isn't it? Will try the URD, haven't done that yet! Already have a nickname for it though: "The URD-turd", it isn't a beauty!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote:I have signed up for a Sebring 3 hours... with a Rondeau M382. I hadn't tested it before I signed up, talk about a shitbox, lol. Well, that is the beauty of the mods, isn't it? Will try the URD, haven't done that yet! Already have a nickname for it though: "The URD-turd", it isn't a beauty!
Haha the Rondeau reminds me of a toilet on wheels!

Why not just the t-URD? :tongue: The URD is like a big go-kart. It feels small and nimble and doesn't mind being thrown around, haven't tried it on the Mulsanne yet though for a top speed test. I've also tried some of the other weird cars in the mod tonight. The Nimrod is quite good in the corners and not bad on the straights, but it feels huge, especially under braking and sounds boring. Hockenheim 1988 was cool with it for a bit. The ARD screams like a virgin but is almost no fun at all on slow circuits being a turbo engine. Detroit 1988 was a horrible experience and I wasn't going that fast. It takes while for the rear to settle (i.e. weight transfer) after cornering too so you HAVE to brake in a straight line or else. I think the Grid S1 is a pretty interesting, stable car to drive. Felt pretty solid around Adelaide 1988. Then I tested the Sehcar at Jacarepagua and ugh. The front end pushes like a bitch, although some setup tweaks helped.

I do recommend changing some of the setup options on the cars actually. For happier cornering, give the front a little more negative toe-in. The default -0.10 degrees isn't enough. Even the Sehcar was happier to turn into corners and hug the kerb when I set it to -1.00. Also fiddle with the Preload on the differential. The Chevrolet-engined Rondeau I was talking about with 715Nm of torque (200Nm more than the Group C Porsche 956s and Lancia LC2s) tried to spin every time I hit the brakes, even with 60:40 brake bias, heel-and-toe downshifting etc.. Increasing the diff preload made it much more stable. Cars like the Sehcar have too high preload and benefit from having it dropped a few. Try by +/- 5 first and then add or take more away as you feel is necessary.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Well, Rondeau won Le Mans in 1980, and only lost the World Championship in 1982 on a technicality, so I didn't think it'd be that shit!

Thanks for the setup tips, I have always struggled on setting up the diff.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

The Urd-Turd was quite nice to drive actually! Very stable, and got to love that M1 power plant!

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Having a lot of fun with the Porsche 956s in the GTPC mod! With the right gear ratios and tyre pressures, they're really quite nice to drive so long as the track is fast enough for them. They're beasts in the slow corners!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

PTRACER wrote:Having a lot of fun with the Porsche 956s in the GTPC mod! With the right gear ratios and tyre pressures, they're really quite nice to drive so long as the track is fast enough for them. They're beasts in the slow corners!
Sounds about right! What tyre pressures are you using?

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote:
PTRACER wrote:Having a lot of fun with the Porsche 956s in the GTPC mod! With the right gear ratios and tyre pressures, they're really quite nice to drive so long as the track is fast enough for them. They're beasts in the slow corners!
Sounds about right! What tyre pressures are you using?
I tend to drop them rather than increase them. On the soft tyres I drop down from 170kPA to 160. I also increase the camber a few clicks front and rear. The biggest problem I have is with front end grip in the slow corners, high speed I seem to be fine!

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Did that, much more even tyre temps now. Try it at Anderstorp, lovely track for these cars. :) And the version I have has decent AI too! I wonder where I got it from though...

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I've been driving it at Mantorp Park and Valer banen from the STCC game. They're not great for racing but hotlapping is... "tast" :P

Need to try the DRM mod tonight!

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Btw, stiffening the rollbars to full makes it a little more predictable too. The cars by default have too much roll. Shame you can't alter the spring rates.

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Thanks for the tips. Will try both of those changes.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Guys, try this for the Porsche 956. I've added just a smidge of grip to the tyres for the Porsche 956 and it's gone from frustrating to ridiculously fun (and judging by onboard videos, more realistic).
http://www.4shared.com/file/CD-wc1G-ba/ ... N1616.html

Put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\Virtua_LM\Prototype_C\Porsche\956 and remember to back up the original file.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7qavocmfbsrm ... 5.zip?dl=0

Still a WIP track
Assen 1955. 7.705km
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Erwin, how easy is it to edit the AIW files in rFactor?

When I drive Superleague Formula at Assen 2011, the cars always slow down for a corner that is full speed. I always crash into them. I turned on AI Learning and it didn't help.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

There is a program for rebuilding the AIW-file. Maybe i can try to alter it a bit in 3dsimed. Which corner is it?
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

As the SLF game is now defunct...I didn't upload this, just sharing the link:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/15UcbJdS/AsT ... ?locale=en