Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

Honestly, GPL 1955 is potentially the first mod that will pull me away from the 1967 cars.

I noticed that video was released in December. It was 11 months between the Spa67 promo video and eventual release date. I think that should give some clue that maybe by October it will be out.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I think they said a couple of more months.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I'm playing GPL more than anything lately and absolutely loving it. With an FFB wheel, pro pedals and a proper shifter, I'm only 0.5s off Greger Huttu's Monza WR.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

OrangeVelocity
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: NASCAR
Favourite Racing Car: Open Wheel cars
Favourite Driver: Dale Earnhardt Jr
Favourite Circuit: Talladega
Car(s) Currently Owned: 0 I'm 14 what you expect

Post by OrangeVelocity »

Haven't played this game yet but i'm willing to give it a try after binging on some videos from this guy's channel, He has other videos showing off mods but i like him watching recreating the 1955 season here. Thought it would be cool to give this guy more credit for this content.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

I think I need to get back to GPL too. Have not tested Isle of Man yet. :oops:
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago I'm playing GPL more than anything lately and absolutely loving it. With an FFB wheel, pro pedals and a proper shifter, I'm only 0.5s off Greger Huttu's Monza WR.
Alien!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Tried to install GPL a few times, but my cd-rom has several issues. Won't install it anymore.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

erwin greven wrote: 4 years ago Tried to install GPL a few times, but my cd-rom has several issues. Won't install it anymore.
Grab the 04demo, or the all in one installer. For the first you can copy the tracks over from your CD if that part is readable or use the iso found here.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago I'm playing GPL more than anything lately and absolutely loving it. With an FFB wheel, pro pedals and a proper shifter, I'm only 0.5s off Greger Huttu's Monza WR.
Alien!
I'm proud of this title.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I feel like I am at my peak, sim racing wise.

I dropped my Kyalami PB down from a 1'19.0 to a 1'18.6 within 10 laps of trying. I remember how long it took me before to get below the GPLRank time of 1'20.xxx.

My Nurburgring PB in the Brabham is down to 8'04, with a run onto the grass and a tap with the wall at the corner after Bergwerk. Without that I think I could go sub 8 minute. And I thought for the sake of it, let's do a lap in the BRM. My first attempt without crashing was a 8'08, Not sure I could do a sub 8 in that car.

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Nice, I can probably count on one finger how many times I even managed a 1.19 at Kyalami.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

SB83 wrote: 3 years ago Nice, I can probably count on one finger how many times I even managed a 1.19 at Kyalami.
I believe 95% of my time is made up under braking. Having a Load Cell pedal is preventing me from locking up the tyres, which is slowing me down. And my strong Force Feedback is allowing me to be far more precise.

And in other, unrelated news, I have cracked about 30% of GPL's physics engine now, including engine power and car weights. I won't be sharing my results publicly, but putting that feedback back into the game and helping to improve the 67X historic mod.

It's actually so flawed. Slipstream works from over 550 metres away. The peak power and peak torque of each car is a little too much and the grip levels are crazy.

I have been doing 206mph in the Lotus 49 at Spa, in a slipstream, when contemporary reports demonstrate that they were doing 190mph exactly and maybe touching 193mph in the slipstream, limited by a mechnical limiter and gear ratios to stop it exploding. The grip levels also mean I am able to get around Spa 10 seconds a lap faster than the real drivers. On reducing the grip back to standard GPL levels and limiting top speed with my setup, I am able to bring my best laptime down to 3:25s, which is what Clark believed to be the theoretical best around there.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Would that be on original GPL Spa, or the new corrected version?

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 3 years ago Would that be on original GPL Spa, or the new corrected version?
New one.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I'm now on the GPL physics team. I'm currently making a 'realism' mod for the '67 season. All car performances matching the real life performances and I have developed a new tyre model which feels so bloody close to what you would expect from reality. I can't wait for everyone to try it.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago I'm now on the GPL physics team. I'm currently making a 'realism' mod for the '67 season. All car performances matching the real life performances and I have developed a new tyre model which feels so bloody close to what you would expect from reality. I can't wait for everyone to try it.
That is awesome. I remember the GPL tyre model was a bit dodgy at times, especially at lower speeds.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.