'Old Racing Games' @ YouTube - Any suggestions for videos?!

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

erwin greven wrote: 5 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 5 years ago
erwin greven wrote: 5 years ago Spend ages playing that game!!
Me too! I never owned it, but my best friend at school used to. About 17 or so years ago I would visit his house and we'd do hotseat racing in GP2, he would later come to mine to play GP3 and then, when GP4 came out, he bought it and I went back to his. Good times.
Did many offline 100% races. Made my own car sets... 1993-2001. It was quite good to mod. "New" tracks like the 1995 version of Imola. A non chicane version of Hockenheim. A program in which you could mod the car sets. I gave them enough power to get to 366kmh/227mph on the first straight of Hockenheim or Monza.
Did you use the keyboard? If so what difficulty setting? We used to make cars too back in the day for GP3, we had a lot of fun doing that.

Do you recommend I update the game with a new 1994 mod? I see there's both early-1994 (Senna + Ratzenberger) and late-1994 mods available.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

In GP2 i used the keyboard. It was when i bought GP3 that i started to use the wheel for a Crammond game. Had already GPL though. Had to buy a wheel bc GPL did not like keyboards.

Can remember only slightly mods and so from GP2. Played that game for the last time in 2002 or so. Only this hotlap game we had in TFL did me try to get it reinstalled.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I modded the hell out of GP2. Ran championship seasons for almost every year from 1970, both F1 and Indycar. Good stuff. I remember one guy making epic carsets, including a 1994 F1 carset. They can still be found on http://grandprix2.de/ . I think it was P. Augusto-Lopes and "F.K" who made the best carsets.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Alonsomania
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Alonsomania »

I still remember the days of using dial-up to download the carsets (took forever!), splitting them over several floppies (as we had no network at home back then), join them together and loading up the game.

One of my most favorite moments ever was during a career I did when I must have been 7 or 8. Qualified last almost everywhere, somehow everything clicked at Barcelona and I was somewhere down the middle of the grid. Was running P7 at the last lap until Berger (I believe?) retired and I scored a point! I was so proud I printed the result and showed it to everyone :haha:

Good times.
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

kals wrote: 5 years ago I see your SoS 1937 and raise you CART Fury, which took all the worst and incredibly ludicrous parts of the movie Driven and turned it into a videogame
should be mentioned that it was originally made as a arcade game and was later ported to the ps2.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Alonsomania wrote: 5 years ago I still remember the days of using dial-up to download the carsets (took forever!), splitting them over several floppies (as we had no network at home back then), join them together and loading up the game.

One of my most favorite moments ever was during a career I did when I must have been 7 or 8. Qualified last almost everywhere, somehow everything clicked at Barcelona and I was somewhere down the middle of the grid. Was running P7 at the last lap until Berger (I believe?) retired and I scored a point! I was so proud I printed the result and showed it to everyone :haha:

Good times.
The thing that bugged me about GP3 was that mechanical errors were fixed before the race even started. If you ran a career race, the AI cars (or yours) would fail at the exact same time every race.

So when I ran a 100% race at Interlagos and sat in P2 until the gearbox blew up with two laps to go, I nearly threw my wheel in the bin, as I realized I was on a death march since I loaded up the damn race.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

NASCAR 2 anyone? :bye:

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records