Any Great LAN Racing Games for PC?

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
JoeClark

Any Great LAN Racing Games for PC?

Post by JoeClark »

Hello all,

I'm not much for splitting a TV in half and racing with other peeps on console, even with steering wheels. So PC is the format in question for me..

If you've read my other LAN Shoppe threads then skip the rest of this paragraph. I'm opening a gaming LAN and I want to find a game that all people there can hook in and play. The machines will be of good spec so no worries there, and we'll be using m$ racing wheels unless someone has a better suggestion.

We're looking for a car racing game that's very fun on LAN. Has anyone been to any LANs and tried any racing games? Think 8+ players (some games max out at 8 in racing), and perhaps even having the possibility of allowing 20 people to play on the same race (or 16, or whatever).

We're up in the air on the type of racing we should get. We're thinking NASCAR because it's so easy to pick up and just drive. Need For Speed offeres some very nice never-repeating tracks also but it's a little harder to get used to, but offers a selection of cars. I have Grand Tourismo A-spec for Playstation 2 and I think it's a very fun game, so that's in the mix (if it's even on PC).

Also any other racing games y'all can think of that might be fun, please list those.. Dirt bikes, trucks, off-road, twisted-metal-esque, etc etc..

Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=645684

product launch