Bioshock

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Probably keeps quiet because his sexual needs are catered for by his wife, and because Elizabeth isn't real?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

DoubleFart wrote: 5 years ago Probably keeps quiet because his sexual needs are catered for by his wife, and because Elizabeth isn't real?
*insert wrestling "is still real to me" meme here*
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

There are a bunch of DLCs for Bioshock Infinite, haven't played any of them but I hear Burial at Sea is enjoyable.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Yeah, they're OK, and only a few hours long as well. They tie up all the loose knots between Bio 1/2 and Infinite, and close the story line out.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

60 years to the day since the devestating events at Rapture :sorrow:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Antonov wrote: 5 years ago 60 years to the day since the devestating events at Rapture :sorrow:
I just bought Infinite. Played the first level. Already one of the best games I have ever played.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Also Bioshock 4 was announced a week ago, with Ken Levine at the helm. Still a few years away though.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Would you kindly move that forward?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago
Antonov wrote: 5 years ago 60 years to the day since the devestating events at Rapture :sorrow:
I just bought Infinite. Played the first level. Already one of the best games I have ever played.
I will take it back. The atmosphere is great, but the gameplay is overly simplistic and the bosses have been no trouble at all on Medium. I'm gonna ramp it up to Hard and see if it gets any better.

About Bioshock 4 - didn't they say Levine WON'T have any involvement?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I will take it back. The atmosphere is great, but the gameplay is overly simplistic and the bosses have been no trouble at all on Medium. I'm gonna ramp it up to Hard and see if it gets any better.

Hard was much more like it!!! Especially on the final boss fight. Wow that was tough.

Just completed about 30 minutes ago and still on the comedown.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Hard was much more like it!!! Especially on the final boss fight. Wow that was tough.

And how awesome is Murder of Crows?

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

John wrote: 4 years ago

It's probably my favourite, certainly if there are a lot of enemies!

Otherwise the one I used the most was Charge :cool:

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

It's probably my favourite, certainly if there are a lot of enemies!

Otherwise the one I used the most was Charge :cool:
I really loved the way they built the enemies in this game, the Handymen, Zealots and Motorised Patriots are all awesome.

Comstock's patriots have a George Washington mask, while the ones used by the Vox Populi have an Abe Lincoln mask. Great detail.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

John wrote: 4 years ago I really loved the way they built the enemies in this game, the Handymen, Zealots and Motorised Patriots are all awesome.

Comstock's patriots have a George Washington mask, while the ones used by the Vox Populi have an Abe Lincoln mask. Great detail.
I did not enjoy fighting any of those three. Maybe because they were so tough to kill and could do so much damage. And although Patriots were meant to be killed by shooting them in the back, actually getting behind them was a pain in the arse because they would always turn around.

I should have developed my Shock Jockey ability a little more than i did. By the final battle, it would only disable them for approx 3 seconds.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

John wrote: 4 years ago I really loved the way they built the enemies in this game, the Handymen, Zealots and Motorised Patriots are all awesome.

I did not enjoy fighting any of those three. Maybe because they were so tough to kill and could do so much damage. And although Patriots were meant to be killed by shooting them in the back, actually getting behind them was a pain in the arse because they would always turn around.

I should have developed my Shock Jockey ability a little more than i did. By the final battle, it would only disable them for approx 3 seconds.
Combining two vigors is the way to go, Undertow + shock jockey would electrocute enemies as long as they were in contact with the water, and you could also blast them with your guns at the same time.

Damn it's time for another play through I think.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Combining two vigors is the way to go, Undertow + shock jockey would electrocute enemies as long as they were in contact with the water, and you could also blast them with your guns at the same time.

Damn it's time for another play through I think.
I don't think I ever used Undertow once, i just had to read what it was for :blush:

If I play again it will 100% be on 1999 mode.

But for now I'll be playing this: