Forza Motorsport 4

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Forza Motorsport 4

Post by Sam »

Anyone planning to get this one?

Demo came out on monday for Xbox Live Gold members. Has anyone tried it yet? The rest of us will get our hands on it later this week...

I'm undecided so far. Forza 3 drove me crazy with it's career mode and driving feel, apparently the latter has been improved with a 'simulation steering' option but I've heard mixed opinions about that. Looking forward to give the demo a go, though, to see how this feels compared to GT5.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

A friend of my has had this a few days, it seems to be tempting him towards buying a 360 having been a Playstation owner since the 90's...

(He is currently playing on a borrowed 360 using Composite video input so can't comment on the graphics)

I am considering buying this, but will probably wait and see what it is like first.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

The demo has been available since friday.

I spent a few days driving around and the steering with the pad is horrible. I don't understand how it can be so hard for some game companies to make pad steering work. Even Codemasters manages to get this bit right!

Probably won't be getting this unless T10 improves the steering or there's a really good discount.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Haven't got the demo, he has the full game.

Codemasters steering on a pad is shocking on f1 games, it makes the car roll for some reason and you have to constantly correct on straights. I won't play their games without a wheel now.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

Haven't played the F1 games but they did get it right for Dirt series, though.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I have F1 2010 and it is ok, it has flaws but is ok. Dirt (and 2) is great. I had a 360 for about 2 years, didn't use it for gaming and was never tempted to get any of the Forza games. The unit sat in a corner gathering dust. I tried Forza in a game shop and thought it was ok but wasn't impressed. It is a vastly overrated game.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

I don't know if it's overrated. In some ways it's vastly superior to Gran Turismo 5. Most importantly, in terms of car customization. While playing Forza 3 I had, among other things, a derestricted Porsche RS Spyder (which ate Audi R10s for breakfast), a Ford Fiesta with the 5 cylinder turbo engine from Focus RS (which I fitted after finding out that using an engine from Group B Ford RS200 made the car completely undriveavable) and an Alfa Romeo Brera with a V8 engine from 8C Competizione and four wheel drive. And a Lancia Stratos complete factory livery (the red, black & white one).

Which makes the controller issues even more annoying...