F1 2010 - First HD F1 game!

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

The main problem people have found is that the AI aren't real. The laptimes you see on your screen are fictional, the AI aren't actually driving those times.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

It depends what you consider acceptable, a lot of people don't consider what Codemasters have done as acceptable, there is wall glue, fake AI, fake qualifying, wrong track layouts, rubber band adaptive AI, sound and input problems, replays are terrible, penalties are incorrectly issued, a pitlane bug etc. etc.

To me it seems that all Codemasters did was take an existing game engine and slap pretty F1 car models into it, tidied up the graphics to make it look nice and considered it job done, while all the time lying to their customers about what they were doing, I didn't expect anything more, but I didn't expect there to be so many bugs and problems, I mean come on what kind of BETA Testing did they do? They couldn't have done a lot if they let the WRONG track layout slip through QC.

I still haven't but if I'd spent £40 on a game which was practically unplayable for anybody with anything more than a remote interest in F1, then I'd be pissed too.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

But it all comes back to expectations. It seems a lot of people were expecting completely the opposite of what Codemasters are known for, and yet they are pissed about the game. I'm not totally happy, it has taken me a while to get used to the horribly lathargic physics of the car, but now I've got around that I'm enjoying myself. I thought the idea of a game was to play it to the best of your own ability, working out how to get around the standard challenges and idiosyncrasies that come with any system format?

If someone wants accurate AI, something with no bugs, exact physics and circuit maps then that type of person is living in a dream world as no game offers that for £40. I'm sure Codemasters are working on delivering updates which will fix some bugs. If people want something that mimics reality then they should turn off their consoles / PCs and TV, get up, put some shoes on, then a jacket, open the bloody front door and go a enjoy the real world!

No offense Paul but I knew you'd have a neggy comment to give once this game had been released. You did / do the same with both rFactor and iRacing but still continue to play them and post videos, etc... :whistling: :tongue:
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

What is wall glue, fake ai and quali, plus wrong layouts?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I haven't played rFactor for nearly a year, and iRacing, I've only played once in the last four months.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

DoubleFault wrote:What is wall glue, fake ai and quali, plus wrong layouts?
Wall glue: where you get embedded in the end of a wall somewhere and stop suddenly, even though on screen, you're not actually anywhere near the wall.

Fake AI / Qual: the AI don't score times, because there not really there, that's why you can't get +/- times to them, correct gaps etc., Codey already admitted that the Q times are all pre-programmed and what a car does on the track vs it's times are two different things, which is why you can't switch to them in replays.

wrong layouts: you didn't notice Silverstone?

You also know I'm no iRacing fanboy, there are plenty of bugs in iR too, but my God, 2 years, $10Million budget, ex-drivers on the books to check it's all ok and this is the best they can come up with?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall tomorrow in the emergency meeting at CM.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

What is wrong with Silverstone? Have I missed something because it seems to be just like the circuit they used for this year's race?

I haven't noticed the wall glue as yet although the ai and quali issues I have noticed without realising it until you mentioned it Ian. That said I'm not trying to be argumentative but it hasn't affected my game play experience in anyway.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

it's the MotoGP layout (this is just what many people have told me, I still haven't played it myself).

There's an ever increasing list of known bugs here:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/ ... -list.html
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Ah yes, now I see what you mean about Silverstone Ian. Again, another one I noticed but hadn't ultimately realised. The exit onto Hanger Straight is a lot tighter than it should be, it is very difficult to take it full thottle.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, more a casual player as I cannot get the time to play I'd like. So for that reason alone I'm happy with what I've got. Looking down that list of bugs I can see why a lot of people are pissed off and rightly so. I've noticed a fair few of those bugs but have worked my way round them in the game rather than having a hissy fit at CM. Bugs will be fixed by CM, not all of them, but most.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

I noticed how tight the entry to hangar straight was, but as for the Moto GP layout.. No idea what the current Silverstone is. I still don't know Singapore and I've done 200 laps over the past year.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

What are the differences between the Moto GP layout and the F1 layout?
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

The exit of Beckets is wrong, and some say Copse is wrong as well.

I never said I was pissed or disappointed with it, it's exactly what I thought it would be, and to be honest, anybody who thought it was going to be the second coming of iRacing is deluded, hopefully they'll get the bugs fixed and learn from their mistakes next year, it seems they lied quiet a bit in their promo stuff so really only have themselves to blame for it being received the way it has.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

PTRACER wrote:The main problem people have found is that the AI aren't real. The laptimes you see on your screen are fictional, the AI aren't actually driving those times.
I think that people forget this is a GAME, and in many ways that makes it a complete reality based but still a fictional experience. I think people expect too much out of these games.

Maybe I am in the wrong with that pov because I dont look at them as being a racing replacement, accept them as being a game over the real thing and just fun you can have on your computer at home, and am far more concerned about the feel / physics and to a large extent attention to the track realism rather than whether the AI is made up or not..... :dunno: :wink:

I have yet to play the game having said that, so my comments are based on the reviews of others, and related to my expectations of any game. I have never played iRacing only RFactor (a couple of times), but I felt RFactor was pretty naff.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Hang on, so the AI aren't real?

Do they mean that the only AI that are real, are the ones you can see on your screen? If it is that, whats the problem there? If somebody is 30 seconds up the road from me, it doesn't matter if they are real or fake - if they are just a lap time going round and I catch by a second a lap, as long as I can see them 5 seconds up the road in 25 laps time, then its REAL ENOUGH.

Do the moaners think that you can see a car thats 30 seconds and half a track away?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Chris, it means the following:

Let's say you are in second place catching the leader, making up several car lengths per corner. You complete the lap right bend the leader's rear wing. Then it says the leader has just done a fastest lap of 1:30 and your lap time comes out at 1:35. But that doesn't make sense because you caught up the leader and must have been faster.

The times are pre-programmed into the game, it's not based on the amount of time the AI are actually taking to complete a lap, whether you can see them or not!

That's what users are reporting. Especially during qualifying.

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Ah ok.

Gotta be honest though, I don't give a shit what lap times the others are doing, I drive with the OSD off most of the time!