The inside of a smoker's computer vs a non-smoker's computer

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

The inside of a smoker's computer vs a non-smoker's computer

Post by PTRACER »

If this is what the inside of a smoker's PC looks like...imagine what it looks like inside their body? :shock: I have experienced this shit first hand...it absolutely stinks. It's mostly tar mixed with a bit of general dust.

Image Image Image

"FYI", this is what a standard dusty PC looks like in comparison...As it's just dead skin cells, hairs and general fluff, it's just grey rather than a rusty brown colour:

Reason I mention it, is because Apple are saying that smoking near your PC can void your warranty, because it makes such a mess on the inside and it's described as a "biohazard". It can easily damage the circuit boards and clog up the fans.
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/156203
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Nasty!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

That is disgusting
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Pioneer had/have a clause in the warranties saying the same, we used to have this one customer who smoked by his computer 24/7, would always come back saying how shit the Pioneer drives were and we'd send them back to Pio who'd reject them due to smoke damage, he just couldn't understand that smoking near pretty much anything would shorten it's life, this was back in the days when DVD Writers were £1000+ :haha:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Rainyday
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Post by Rainyday »

I am actually having a cig right now in front of this computer. Not mine though, friend's. He allows smoking inside, I don't like it too much as the smell is not nice but it is freakin' cold out there.
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Thought you were giving up?
Rainyday
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Post by Rainyday »

I was, but after what I've been through lately, I couldn't resist the nice, relaxing, expensive smokestick.

And having my lifespan shortened by a lot. Ah well, I will die the moment I get my driving licence (next summer) anyway, because Ian knows how I drive a car: Sideways and fast. Sometimes it tends to go wrong, especially if the car ahead has number 74 on its numberplate...

By the way, I am considering of purchasing this beaty:

http://www.nettiauto.com/toyota/starlet/2936660

Nice Toyota Starlet, thinking of replacing the suspension and fixing the engine up a bit, maybe putting a 2.0 turbocharged VW Audi engine there... http://www.nettivaraosa.com/viewPart.php?id_part=887442 :twisted:

What do you think, should I go for it?

P.S. mods can move the latter part of the post to appropiate section, got bit carried away, this is maybe not computer related... :oops:
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze
eivind
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by eivind »

Get that Starlet, and put a 4-age in her :twisted:
I've got one in my Corolla GT, which is a couple hundred kg's heavier. It's great fun.
Hamster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Hamster »

Yeah, or go one better. 4A-GZE. :mrgreen:

KP Starlets rock. Go for it.