F1 2009 on Wii

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

F1 2009 on Wii

Post by DoubleFault »

Just got this with the steering wheel. Not very realistic, graphics as you expect for a wii. It's still enjoyable though as you use the motion sensor to "steer" which is kinda cool. All of the teams are up to date, nice to finally drive Valencia, Singapore and Abu Dhabi - they are a bit bland to drive but it's nice to get a change from driving the dull tracks like magny-cours...
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I want to wait for this to come out of PS3. I love the Wii, but I don't like the look of this game on this format.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

I don't think they are doing F1 2009 on PS3, it's wii and psp exclusive... I only bought it to tide me over until next years multi platform release :D
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I didn't realise that, but doing a bit of quick research confirms that PS3 will get F1 2010 next year. Maybe I'll buy it then.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

I just had an epic Championship, it was Button-esque! Podium in the first 8 races, couple of wins and then just completely fell apart... had a 20 point lead and managed to go to Abu Dhabi 4 points down on Button, 1 point down on Webber. Took Pole, Fastest Lap and the Win, taking the Championship by 1 point from Webber as Button retired.

The best bit about the Abu Dhabi track? You can drive the underground tunnel pitlane!
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

So I bought this on Friday and was pleasantly surprised how fun it was. I have been playing on easy with TC and autogears but using the Wii gamepad rather than a wheel. Last night I tried the hardest setting but still with TC and autogears, doing a 100% GP at Silverstone. I qualified 9th in Q1, then 3rd in Q2 and got pole in Q3 by 0.067 secs from Button on my final lap :twothumbs: I haven't completed the GP yet as Top Gear was on. Chris, if you fancy doing some online racing let me know :thumbsup:
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Does it have online racing? I haven't really done anything other than Championships and muck about on Time Trials...
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I am assuming it does but I haven't properly checked. There is a "Multiplayer" option in the main menu, but I haven't checked whether online is included.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Anybody else got this yet?

I've just realised that I own this game... I normally race a few laps on each track the week that Formula 1 goes there... I have been doing all of the racing on F1 2006 on the PS3: I guess this says a lot about the game.

The new 2010 Formula 1 game will be released in September on all platforms iirc.
PTfan54
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by PTfan54 »

I have it. I haven't played it yet, but I plan to tonight.
Bernie Ecclestone's Glasses: The Greatest Spectacles in Racing