iRacing

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Bottom post of the previous page:

more like a 544x
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

jezus, imagine such a crash happened in real life.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Antonov wrote:jezus, imagine such a crash happened in real life.
Jezus indeed! lol
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Not gonna happen unless you replace all hydraulic fluid in the car with Mexican jumping beans.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Hahaha, that's the funniest thing ever. In real life, the car would have destroyed itself and left the driver on the track in a heap. I'd like to believe that's the only reason for the major physics fuck up ;)
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I guess that would be a race called the Breakdance 500 or sumfink.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -

Post by Puhis »

I'm back.

Just did 4 races on the Mazda MX-5 Cup. Had an account from 2009, which was D on oval and rookie on road. Got promoted to D instantly after doing the required races. Hoping to fast-track my way towards the higher classes.

The racing is, I must say, quite enjoyable once you get out of the pack. There are a couple of ringers I can't quite catch, but a 1.26.5 in the Summit Point Raceway is not too shabby, considering I haven't raced that car or track previously and I only got back to the game last night.

Anyway, if you notice a familiar name on track, it is indeed me.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

Is this game worth getting? And if so, what controller do you recommend? or is Assetto Corsa better?
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

iRacing online system is far superior than anything else. Also, the license system can be a lot of fun to progress through. However, it quickly becomes very expensive and there is no AI.

Driving wise, it is not much difference between iR and AC. AC might be a little better. But mainly, AC gives you more for the money, as it has AI and a fast expanding modding scene.

No matter what game you go for, you do want a wheel. I have a Logitech G25, which I've had since 2006 - it is super reliable, it is as good as new still.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

If you just want to race with sensible like minded people and are free on a Thursday between 7 and 10 UK time then shoot me a PM Antonov, the game is a bit dated but it serves it's purpose and is free, I'm pretty sure a couple guys run with controllers too, but wheel is prefered.

As said iR's online experience is as about as good as it get's, but I wouldn't say it is worth the money (depends on your views of value for money though), I gave up on AC.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Assetto Corsa will probably never have any oval racing, so therefore iRacing is more of a complete package. If you got the money, that is.

Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

Ian-S wrote:If you just want to race with sensible like minded people and are free on a Thursday between 7 and 10 UK time then shoot me a PM Antonov, the game is a bit dated but it serves it's purpose and is free, I'm pretty sure a couple guys run with controllers too, but wheel is prefered.

As said iR's online experience is as about as good as it get's, but I wouldn't say it is worth the money (depends on your views of value for money though), I gave up on AC.
Im going karting on thursday night so i have to say no regretfully :sorrow:
What game is it you play? I still enjoy NR2003 from time to time.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

It's NR2003 indeed, we run every Thursday, not just this week :lol:
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -

Post by Puhis »

Bit of an update: I've moved from Mazda to GT3, as I finally got my B-license (and in fact have an A-license with 2700+ iR). I've been suffering from bronchitis for nearly a week now, so can't play currently, but will be looking to get back soon.

GT3 is... Interesting. There are some over-aggressive guys, but I liked the 75-minute races at Bathurst. Was running 5th for a long time in one, until I got caught in traffic after a pit stop and then my chair, which is not very comfy, started to give me leg cramps so I dropped down to 9th eventually, after an incident-filled last 4 laps. I am in a MoE (Masters of Endurance) team for the upcoming season though, so I'll have to fix my seating arrangement before that. If I got terrible pains after 45-60 minutes, I can't imagine what 2 hour stints would be like.
Ian-S wrote:If you just want to race with sensible like minded people and are free on a Thursday between 7 and 10 UK time then shoot me a PM Antonov, the game is a bit dated but it serves it's purpose and is free, I'm pretty sure a couple guys run with controllers too, but wheel is prefered.

Can vouch for this. It's a shame I discovered that community back when I was nowhere near mature enough, as a racer or as a human being. It's a good place though, really helpful and the racing is great.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I just did a UK&I 100 lapper at Talladega, my first taste of iR in several months, was quiet good fun, even if I did get wrecked out the lead in a GWC.

167 laps round Charlotte tomorrow is gonna be a bit different me thinks...
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

Is it worth building a custom spec pc especially for this game? I was thinking of a desktop and plugging it into my plasma TV. +-800€ for a "supercomp"

also, apologies Mr Ian. I forgot that you had the weekly NR2003 yesterday. Could you tell me what I should download in order to be ready? I promise it won't happen again.