Australian GP likely to be postponed...

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Bottom post of the previous page:

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago The vaccines are going to help, but it's the young people who need to get it. They are the ones spreading it at the moment. The old people are just going to be protected from dying of it I presume. And we could be talking six months or more before "enough" people have been injected with Bill Gates' tracking chip, I mean COVID innoculation, for it to not be a consideration anymore.

Also with the UK now back into lockdown until February and Japan about to declare another state of emergency, I am struggling to see an end to this yet.
It's amazing that nobody has suggested vaccinating the people that still have to work in a workplace in the UK. Less than the 13m target of at high risk groups, probably less than 10m . Cut it out in workplaces and it's not spreading and won't bounce back quickly
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago before "enough" people have been injected with Bill Gates' tracking chip
I believe you mean mobile 5G tower chip.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago before "enough" people have been injected with Bill Gates' tracking chip
I believe you mean mobile 5G tower chip.
Masts just give you Asperger's.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

White six wrote: 3 years ago What's the distribution? Are people able to pay for it?

It would still involve the whole paddock decamping to somewhere the vaccine was available to buy, twice. It won't be happening in the UK until 30 million in 'at risk' tiers are done
Don't know. It is also "tiered" or prioritized and my "tier" has not come up yet.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

My Mum is in the highest tier of most vulnerable being over the age of 80 and we've heard diddly squat so far.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Just confirmed on National 9 News.... Australian GP postponed until November.

Not got all the details yet but its confirmed official.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago Just confirmed on National 9 News.... Australian GP postponed until November.

Not got all the details yet but its confirmed official.
OK it. seems that it is not an official statement as such but something dropped by Lawrence Stroll .... he confirmed that the teams had a video conference with F1 / Liberty and it was agreed to postpone the race to November. It is from my understanding still yet to be confirmed by Formula One or local organisers.

He also said that the same meeting also agreed for pre-season testing to move from Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya to Bahrain, without setting a date.

The reason given by Stroll for the race postponement was because of the quarantine restrictions and the lack of flexibility.

However to make the running of the race in March even more unlikely , today the prime Minister did confirm that any Non Aussies allowed to enter Australia was for the next month going to be severely restricted further even with a 14 day quarantine. Technically non Aussies are not allowed to enter under any circumstances but it seems that some exceptions were made ...Those exemption cases have today been further restricted, and will not even be relaxed after a local vaccine rollout due to commence end March. The PM said the restricted entry will stay in place until the World Covid situation is under control.

So, still no official word but no reason to doubt what Stroll has leaked.

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Burnley manager Shaun Dyche has called for professional footballers in the UK to be vaccinated. The chorus of 'f offs' will follow shortly
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Aren't footballers essential workers?
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Michael Ferner wrote: 3 years ago Aren't footballers essential workers?
Essential workers aren't in the 9 tiers. Only NHS and care home staff. So as it stands there's 30m people in front of any F1 workers who aren't over 50 or have health conditions

Personally I'd say it would make sense to vaccinate essential workers instead, cut out the spread at source, though I'd still disagree that pro sports people should count as essential
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

haven't been following the thread, but surely no surprise?

the 2021 was just a dummy-calendar: a statement of intent towards the hosting (aka paying) venues.
certainly until summer the schedule will be disrupted.

expect a Bahrain start (28/3), followed by Imola and Portimaõ.
Australia will be no issue to have as final race of the season, or in the gap should Brazil be cancelled.
China... I don't mind not going there. I still feel they have a role in the miserable situation we find ourselves in today.
Last edited by Antonov 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Antonov wrote: 3 years ago haven't been following the thread, but surely no surprise?

the 2021 was just a dummy-calendar: a statement of intent towards the hosting venues.

certainly until summer the schedule will be disrupted.

expect a Bahrain start (28/3), followed by Imola and Portimaõ.
Australia will be no issue to have as final race of the season, or in the gap should Brazil be cancelled.
China... I don't mind not going there. I still feel they have a role in the miserable situation we find ourselves in today.
Feel sorry for Codemasters :haha:

Will they even attempt the Saudi street circuit? I wouldn't bother. I'd do the scans for Imola as that's likely to feature in coming years
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Codies should just go back to the old tracks they still hold data on, and make an F1 world tour game for a season with the 2021 cars. They've created games that feature the following circuits:

India
Korea
Jerez
Malaysia
Instanbul
Brands Hatch
Imola
Estoril

They could quite easily make a 25-30 track game, and with the exception of Saudi Arabia, they've created them all for F1 2013 and onwards, plus their GRID series.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Codies should just go back to the old tracks they still hold data on, and make an F1 world tour game for a season with the 2021 cars. They've created games that feature the following circuits:

India
Korea
Jerez
Malaysia
Instanbul
Brands Hatch
Imola
Estoril

They could quite easily make a 25-30 track game, and with the exception of Saudi Arabia, they've created them all for F1 2013 and onwards, plus their GRID series.
plus include all the seasons they have had licences for: 2010 - 2020.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Antonov wrote: 3 years ago
Oh but there is an issue with Australia hosting the season finale..... Abu Dhabi pay a huge amount to guarantee them the season finale. What is more likely is they will squeeze Brazil forward a week (to 7th Nov) to tag it on to Mexico and the US, then a two week gap to Aus on the 21st Nov with Saudi and Abu Dhabi running a week later than scheduled to give Saudi the 5th December and a finale in Abu Dhabi on 12th December. At the start of the year China will get the flick and Imola and Portimao will get the China and TBA date from Vietnam.

My 2 cents worth.

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Codies should just go back to the old tracks they still hold data on, and make an F1 world tour game for a season with the 2021 cars. They've created games that feature the following circuits:

India
Korea
Jerez
Malaysia
Instanbul
Brands Hatch
Imola
Estoril

A mix and match season you create yourself would make a lot of sense. I doubt anyone would cry about Jeddah, be a shite Vietnam type thing anyway..

Hockenheim can be added to your list too