For those that don't appreciate.....

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
jimclark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: auto racing (just about all)
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus49B
Favourite Driver: Hafta' ask??? Aie yi-yi...
Favourite Circuit: Bridgehampton, NY; 'golf course now

Post by jimclark »

Bottom post of the previous page:

SB83 wrote: 3 years ago
DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Captain fucking obvious points out that car doesn't spontaneously come into being, expects some kind of amazing response.

Doesn't get it, because we know that. Tries to spin it that we shouldn't talk about "it's all about the car" because the car is made by people, ignoring the fact that were referencing the abilities of a driver versus other drivers.

In short, you're making a point nobody cares about, and is irrelevant to every single time we've used it's all about the car./Thread
Careful or we'll get another thread, this time about explaining what F1 is all about, and we should all sod off.
I note some very mature, intelligent posts. 'Just curious, why the defensive reaction? I specified those that don't appreciate, not any individuals in particular.....
XcraigX wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago It's Saturday night and I'm a bit drunk and have no idea what this thread is about.
The beauty of a team of people designing a car that then DESTROYS the competition on the track.
(Also the rest of the cars that don't; they're all a wonder of some sharp minds).....Ding-ding, ding-ding, ding-ding DING. Excellent. (A tough one, eh? Good job) :)
What's that they say about the intellect of the northeast.... ;)
Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.....

jimclark
jimclark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimclark »

Ruslan wrote: 3 years ago On the other hand, there would be no cars without the financing. So maybe there should be an article and shoutout to the marketing and finance people, and those who write the big checks.
Sorta true enough. However, they're not being philanthropic....they are expecting ROI......buy their products. :wink:

jimclark
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

We're not being defensive, we just don't get why you're telling us something that's so obvious as if it's insightful.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago It's Saturday night and I'm a bit drunk and have no idea what this thread is about.
It's Sunday afternoon and I'm sober and don't know what's happening :mrgreen:.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Don't worry. I read half of the linked article and still couldn't say what it's about. A lot of waffle about a lot of things that are pretty obvious. Maybe the author had a point he was going to make on page 2, but I considered it a waste of time to read on.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
jimclark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimclark »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago We're not being defensive, we just don't get why you're telling us something that's so obvious as if it's insightful.
Siiiiggghhhh.....

Did you read the subject? There are those that haven't the knowledge that some have. So, obviously, it's not meant for your "us" that do.

There are the uninitiated that don't get that F1 is two championships for a reason. They'd prefer closer racing and suggest all sorts of ways (spec and budget caps come to mind) to "level the playing field" equipment wise which is half of what makes F1 the pinnacle of auto racing that it is.....the effort of designing and constructing such awesome, and mandated distinct, machines.

Yes, I post to enlighten them. Your miscomprehension and negativity does not deter me. :wink:

(all that without a single use of profanity.....amazing, huh?)

jimclark
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Because those people are wise enough to realise that F1 in its current guise is unsustainable, not because they're uneducated as you insultingly just stated they are.

Sigh. Your posts do however deter me from posting. Pity as I like this site.
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Sigh. Your posts do however deter me from posting. Pity as I like this site.
This is why i not even bother to react.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

erwin greven wrote: 3 years ago
DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Sigh. Your posts do however deter me from posting. Pity as I like this site.
This is why i not even bother to react.
Yes, I shouldn't bother either.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

jimclark wrote: 3 years ago .....what F1 is about (two championships, Driver's and Constructor's) and want to "create parity" by socializing the venue (Introducing more and more spec rules, be it technology or $$$); a good read about, in essence, the constructors side of the sport....
From Pitpass.com

" The Editor

"Next time you mutter; 'It was all the car'," writes Max Noble, "remember that car had no life, no being, no existence, without a birthing group of hundreds of mothers and fathers, each breathing life into a tiny corner of the Frankenstein monster that is a modern F1 car." Here:" https://www.pitpass.com/public/article. ... t_id=68926
So if what he writes is all true then the people (i’m starting to become part of that league) questioning if hamilton records are pouring only because an ultra dominant car, are far right. The only supporters minding about the constructor championship are those who have a manufacturer fetish (example mercedes maniacs because he owns a Class A), or some journalist who only can wipe the ass of some top manager to get a living.
Thanks god here we are not making bullshits like this max noble.
We debate if Russel would win race on a mercedes and the answer is much likely affirmative.
And we also are questioning if hamilton would win races on a williams. And we all know the answer is NO.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Michael Ferner wrote: 3 years ago
Don't worry. I read half of the linked article and still couldn't say what it's about. A lot of waffle about a lot of things that are pretty obvious. Maybe the author had a point he was going to make on page 2, but I considered it a waste of time to read on.
I went to page 2, and it was indeed a waste of time :d
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
jimclark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimclark »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Because those people are wise enough to realise that F1 in its current guise is unsustainable, not because they're uneducated as you insultingly just stated they are.
There are those that don't know. Again, you take it personally.

When someone posts a points out something that does not relate to me, I am not insulted. I just carry on.

When someone does point out something I'm ignorant about, I'm also not insulted.......I listen (read), and learn. I'm not insulted.

It's really not as complicated as you make it out to be. :)

jimclark
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

You're on the wrong forum if you think we need to be taught that humans design cars.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

He is not appreciated!!!!
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago You're on the wrong forum if you think we need to be taught that humans design cars.
To be fair, apparently Max Noble the writer also thought it necessary.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion