It was a weird but strangely enjoyable season

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Bottom post of the previous page:

How often do title battles go down to the wire, though? I mean, even Rosbergs title in 2016 was a foregone conclusion as all he had to do was follow Lewis home.

That's like half a title decider.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

I’m sorry but I really can’t find the positive side of this season. I think this touched the lowest point ever in motor racing since the early 50’s. Liberty was able to save the season with great effort but this could be the last call for formula 1. It is no more able to move interests and passion of the masses. It has become a niche expensive pay per view even with a lot of pre/post race fuss and 90% of pointless boring show. The only decent/good races this year were monza barhein and turkey, let’s not forget that the first two were decided by controversial safety car calls and the last one was a rain soaked race.
The real issue of this formula one are the tyres. I really can’t stand they make the fastest and most expensive car ever just to make tyre management during 3/4 of the race. I find it unacceptable for series like formula 1. People talk about other issues such as power units, electronics, track layouts, but the most important and easy to solve problems are tyres. Liberty media should understand this asap and change the rules immediately. Otherwise even the diehard fans will give a call. I have not ended my sky sport subscription only because, beside including other events such as the champions league, they showed formula 3 and formula 2: liberty should learn from formula 2 this year. The season has been unpredictable with many winners and every race was 1000 more thrilling than the series that followed. Believe me, that was awesome. Liberty take a look to f2 and change the rule to give us some REAL RACING.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Circuitmaster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Circuitmaster »

John wrote: 3 years ago How often do title battles go down to the wire, though? I mean, even Rosbergs title in 2016 was a foregone conclusion as all he had to do was follow Lewis home.

That's like half a title decider.
Off the top of my head, 2007, 2008 and 2010 all had an unknown champion going into the decider. In fact 2012 had Seb backwards in turn 2 at Interlagos didn't it, dropping him to last?
Guess the pole champion 2014
Guess the pole champion 2015
Guess the pole accuracy champion 2015
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

not the best way to end (but no surprise given the year) with the following news items:
- apparently Grosjean underwent hand surgery (will be fine I'm sure)
- Sir Frank Williams has been hospitalised with an undisclosed condition, and is reportedly in stable condition
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

@ caneparo
+100 :wink:
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Overall, one of the most pathetically dullest and depressing seasons ever where sitting through most of the races made me question what I was doing with my life. :nuts:
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

SB83 wrote: 3 years ago Overall, one of the most pathetically dullest and depressing seasons ever where sitting through most of the races made me question what I was doing with my life. :nuts:
Well, you weren't going around infecting people for a start.
You should feel proud of yourself.