The Human Rights Swing Race 4 - Abu Dhabi

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Schumacher beaten by Nissany is, however, delightful.

I don't care what the circumstances may be!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago Schumacher beaten by Nissany is, however, delightful.

Beaten by a Williams !!!

It does sort of reinforce my suspicion that Ferrari promoted the wrong driver for the wrong reason (his last name).
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Ruslan wrote: 3 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago Schumacher beaten by Nissany is, however, delightful.

Beaten by a Williams !!!

It does sort of reinforce my suspicion that Ferrari promoted the wrong driver for the wrong reason (his last name).
Yep, quite amusing.

I like to think that over the course of 125 laps, they would have surely given him qualifying trim at some point just for the experience ahead of next year for a couple of runs. Naturally, impossible to know.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I see Callum Ilott has been named as the Ferrari official reserve for 2021.... as well as test driver. :wink:
(Just sayin')

Of course official reserve tags mean nothing.... Vandoorne was / is official reserve for Mercedes and Racing Point, but was overlooked/snubbed twice at RP and once at Mercedes this year when those teams needed a reserve to stand in.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Alonso at the Young driver-test.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago Hardly impressive when you consider he was up a bunch of wannabees and has-beens.
Going to have to disagree with you. Vandoorne was there in Mercedes, a car he is familiar with. Alonso beat him in a Renault.

By the way, I don’t understand why there are any restrictions on testing after 1 January. They have a budget cap and testing is part of that budget. The original reason for a testing limit was to save money.
Im just a little against a specific test for young drivers being infiltrated by the likes of Alonso, Vandoorne and Kubica .... there is nothing about any of them that fits the young driver objective of the test.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Ruslan wrote: 3 years ago Alonso has always impressed me as a driver, and impressed me even more after he was fired by McLaren. There are times I have not been too impressed with the person.
I really hated Alonso in the mid-2000s. He is one of the few drivers I did a complete U-turn and became a fan. I guess that's talking about the driver, since I don't know the person.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago
Ruslan wrote: 3 years ago Alonso has always impressed me as a driver, and impressed me even more after he was fired by McLaren. There are times I have not been too impressed with the person.
I really hated Alonso in the mid-2000s. He is one of the few drivers I did a complete U-turn and became a fan. I guess that's talking about the driver, since I don't know the person.
I must confess I am in the same boat.I was never a fan back in the day when he used to do that kangaroo thing whatever it was, but now, or since his McLaren part 2 times I have really warmed to him.
Mind you I also used to think Perez was a loose cannon and now I have become a fan.
I guess it works both ways.... I used to be a Schumacher fan in his early days at Benetton, but after the Hill thing an then JV he probably became my most disliked driver.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

I hated Alonso until McLaren part 2. Changed my mind when be started to mellow, yet still speak his mind and maintain the attitude of being a winner despite a shite car. His trips to Indy and Le Mans also made me respect the racer.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Yea, I was a fan of his, and then he tried to blackmail Ron Dennis, demanding #1 status over Hamilton, so I became very hostile towards him. His continued impressive performances behind the wheel of not very good cars kind of brought me back to nuetral. Great driver, not sure about the person.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago
I must confess I am in the same boat.I was never a fan back in the day when he used to do that kangaroo thing whatever it was, but now, or since his McLaren part 2 times I have really warmed to him.
Mind you I also used to think Perez was a loose cannon and now I have become a fan.
I guess it works both ways.... I used to be a Schumacher fan in his early days at Benetton, but after the Hill thing an then JV he probably became my most disliked driver.
'But after the Hill thing'

You probably mean Hill
- crashing into Schumacher at Silverstone and Monza 1995
- who deliberately held up Schumacher during the 1997 Japanese Grand Prix

Yeah, I agree Damon could be a bit reckless at times.

So you liked Hill first, but due to these incidents developed a dislike?

---

As for me: Raikkonen. Used to be the biggest fan boy you can imagine. Now it leaves me cold.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Antonov wrote: 3 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago
'But after the Hill thing'

You probably mean Hill
- crashing into Schumacher at Silverstone and Monza 1995
- who deliberately held up Schumacher during the 1997 Japanese Grand Prix

Yeah, I agree Damon could be a bit reckless at times.

So you liked Hill first, but due to these incidents developed a dislike?
I 'probably' dont mean Hill. I never disliked Hill.
Damon was a gentleman compared to the obsessive desire to win at any cost of Schumacher, whether it be by cheating, considered destruction or just plain bad sportsmanship like his 'pole' lap at Monaco. Not to mention his arrogance, self entitlement persona and his general my shit doesn't stink condescending attitude.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

I 'supported' Alonso by default in the battle against Chin. I don't regret that decision.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago I 'supported' Alonso by default in the battle against Chin. I don't regret that decision.
Schumacher looked like he was kind of waning around 2005-6 anyway. Particularly in 2006.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago I 'supported' Alonso by default in the battle against Chin. I don't regret that decision.
Schumacher looked like he was kind of waning around 2005-6 anyway. Particularly in 2006.
wasn't he very strong in 2006?
if only he called it quits for good there and then - his legacy would not have been dented.

I actually very rarely hear about 'legendary Schumacher' - despite the obvious numbers.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Actually, props to Schumacher for returning even though his legacy might have taken a hit. Shows me that there was a passion for racing that made him come back.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.