The Creme de la Kremlin GP of Russia.

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
NorthernGrace
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Suzuka

Re: The Creme de la Kremlin GP of Russia.

Post by NorthernGrace » 3 weeks ago

Latest post of the previous page:

I guess the polystyrene blocks were "fun" for the drivers to play with. Grosjean just went "ah screw this I'm just gonna punch straight through them"

John
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by John » 3 weeks ago

NorthernGrace wrote:
3 weeks ago
I guess the polystyrene blocks were "fun" for the drivers to play with. Grosjean just went "ah screw this I'm just gonna punch straight through them"
And Sainz was on the pit wall going "You can do that and get away with it?".
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.

SB83
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Nordschelife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Suzuki Ritz (Splash), Ford Ecosport

Post by SB83 » 3 weeks ago

P. Cornelius Scipio wrote:
3 weeks ago
Also I must confess that I struggle to understand why Ferrari is spending so much money and effort on Giovinazzi
All I can think of is that he's Italian?

John
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by John » 3 weeks ago

SB83 wrote:
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Also I must confess that I struggle to understand why Ferrari is spending so much money and effort on Giovinazzi
He'll be gone at the end of the year anyway. Off to Formula E or where ever drivers of his calibre belongs. Of course they were going to take a punt on Gio, there wasn't anyone else halfway decent around at the time and they want a good Italian driver in F1. If they didn't spend that money on Gio, they would have spent it elsewhere.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.

Star
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Driver: J Villeneuve,Vettel, Lando Norris
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star » 3 weeks ago

I watched the race on my usual 1 click of fast forward and I was still waiting for it to end. Not exactly exciting was it? Leclerc was lucky not to get damage when he contacted with Stroll, Sainz was unlucky when he hit the wall. Hamilton was whining annoying down the radio again and Ricciardo took his penalty like a man. Bottas should have won that race given the car he's in and his team mates penalties, and Max did as much as he could in the car he has.

There you go, my thoughts on the race ;)
Just so you all know, and to prevent confusion, I am indeed a woman ;)

Star
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Driver: J Villeneuve,Vettel, Lando Norris
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star » 3 weeks ago

caneparo wrote:
3 weeks ago
NorthernGrace wrote:
3 weeks ago
caneparo wrote:
3 weeks ago
PTRACER wrote:
3 weeks ago
caneparo wrote:
3 weeks ago
PTRACER wrote:
3 weeks ago
caneparo wrote:
3 weeks ago

Niente cacca. Solo delizie.
:happy:

By the way I just spent the last 20 laps cleaning my apartment. Anything happen?

Well it’s almost done. A slice of pizza left. Want some?
Yeah that slice looks nice, what it is?

Oh, the race finished.
Pizza margherita. The plainest pizza you can get here. Still better than an race won by bottas
It's okay, you just added a lot of salt to it.
A real italian would never add salt to pizza. And believe me, I’m a real Italian
Pizza, yes please!!! :twothumbs:
Just so you all know, and to prevent confusion, I am indeed a woman ;)

Ruslan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan » 3 weeks ago

3 weeks ago
I'm sure that Hamilton knows the rules, it's odd that he made such a mistake (twice).
Yea, that was weird. He did not want to discuss after the race. Oh well, his 91st and 92nd might have to wait for 2-3 races. Does he now have 10 points on this license? This seems odd, as he is not exactly the dirtiest or sloppiest driver on the track.
I think that Leclerc today was very lucky: he didn't damage his car when he hit Stroll and he got away with no penalty, I don't think that his relationship with Ferrari will be all smiles if the best they can give to him is a car that somehow manages to take him to 6th place
I never saw an overhead shot, so hard for me to tell, but did he deserve a penalty for the collision?
Also I must confess that I struggle to understand why Ferrari is spending so much money and effort on Giovinazzi, the guy hasn't got what it takes, it's as simple as that. Sure sometimes he's on a par with Kimi and sometimes he even manages to beat him but Kimi is in semi-retirement, and when it matters Kimi can still be brilliant whereas when it matters Giovinazzi constantly fails to deliver. Mick Schumacher would do much better than Giovinazzi (in fairness doing better than Giovinazzi isn't saying much)
Agreed, but I will add to that, I don't know why they are continuing to run Vettel. They might as well pay him off for the rest of his contract and run a couple of rookies to test them out.

Ruslan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan » 3 weeks ago

Ruslan wrote:
3 weeks ago
I don't know....this qualifying just reinforces all my biases.

Bottas does not really belong at Mercedes: Outqualified by Hamilton: by over 0.6 seconds, and Verstappen also outqualified him.

Perez vs Stroll vs Vettel: Perez qualifies 4th, Stroll with all the new sexy bits on his car qualifies 13 and Vettel crashes and qualifies 15th.

Gasly vs Albon: Gasly outqualifies Albon, Albon qualifies over 1.1 second slower than his teammate.

Latifi: No further comments.
The race just reinforced by biases. Lets see:

Bottas gifted a win and then puffs himself up like he accomplished something.

Both Kvyat and Gasly finished ahead Albon. I am pretty sure that the Red Bull is the faster car.

Perez finishes 4th, Stroll knocked out by accident and Vettel finishes in 13th place drive with two Ferrari-engine drivers in front of him. Think about that, Vettel beaten by Magnussen and Giovinazzi in inferiors cars, and this guy is going to replace Perez?

Anyhow, the real contest is for the third best team between McLaren (106 points), Tracing Point (104), Renault (99) and Ferrari (74). With Renault coming on strong and Ferrari still developing some new bits, this could get interesting. Shame it ain't for a championship. The McLarens had a bad day.

P. Cornelius Scipio
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve

Post by P. Cornelius Scipio » 3 weeks ago

Ruslan wrote:
3 weeks ago

I don't know why they are continuing to run Vettel. They might as well pay him off for the rest of his contract and run a couple of rookies to test them out.
I guess that they might hope that Vettel delivers sooner or later, with Giovinazzi there can be no such hope. Vettel, after all, he's still highly rated in the paddock, despite the lack of pace this season. furthermore Vettel seems to be able to help Leclerc, both with strategies as well as by holding up Leclerc's rivals as he did yesterday (wasting any chance of finishing a few places ahead, I gather that he doesn't care if he's 10th or 13th)

P. Cornelius Scipio

Ruslan wrote:
3 weeks ago

Anyhow, the real contest is for the third best team between McLaren (106 points), Tracing Point (104), Renault (99) and Ferrari (74). With Renault coming on strong and Ferrari still developing some new bits, this could get interesting. Shame it ain't for a championship. The McLarens had a bad day.
what bits is Ferrari developing? some new pasta shape? :smiley: seriously I can't share your optimism on Ferrari, IMHO they'll never catch up with Renault, let alone McLaren and Racing Point, they did nothing to that car for too long, they are way back in the development of substantial new bits, they should have done that a couple of months ago, now I fear it's too little too late.

Having said that I'd say
McLaren (a good car and 2 very good drivers)
Renault (a car that is looking more promising by the day, a very very good driver and the other one who is not too shabby)
Racing Point (a good car and a very good driver but sadly also a very inconsistent pay driver)
Ferrari (very poor car, 2 seriously good drivers, one is losing patience with the team and the other can't be bothered and besides the team isn't interested in listening to him)

Ferrari might have to worry about Alpha Tauri before the end of the season

White six
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by White six » 3 weeks ago

Where is Mick Schumacher heading then? Alfa or Haas?

DoubleFart

Post by DoubleFart » 3 weeks ago

White six wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'd say Alfa 99%, but it depends - they may want to pair him with somebody who is good at setting up a car and has a great understanding of tyres (assuming Perez is haas-bound)
Founder and Life President: Lance Stroll Hate Club

Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018 Champion
Gavle Yule Goal Predictor 2019 Champion

White six
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by White six » 3 weeks ago

DoubleFart wrote:
3 weeks ago
White six wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'd say Alfa 99%, but it depends - they may want to pair him with somebody who is good at setting up a car and has a great understanding of tyres (assuming Perez is haas-bound)
https://www.charouz-racing.com/f2-in-so ... hin-reach/

I always read the charouz reports to see their version of how Pedro is getting on and this one was surprisingly tasty

The English is always terrible, but actually the bad translation seems to reveal more than they probably intend, this weekend clearly pissed off with deletraz and a bit close to the bone on Schumacher lol

DoubleFart

Post by DoubleFart » 3 weeks ago

I'm a bit confused. The article is written in such a tongue in cheek way that I can't understand the Schumacher engine bit?
Founder and Life President: Lance Stroll Hate Club

Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018 Champion
Gavle Yule Goal Predictor 2019 Champion

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 3 weeks ago

DoubleFart wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'm a bit confused. The article is written in such a tongue in cheek way that I can't understand the Schumacher engine bit?
Well he is clearly cheating! “Schummel-Schumi” (famed for late season advances in performance).

But yeah it is a bit weird. The reference to dodgy DRS and stuff. NFI what they men, so maybe just sour grapes from another team. One would imagine dodgy activation of DRS would be an easy spot being so visual..... a bit like hard to hide like the fact you arent wearing a facemask in public!

*Sebastian, Lance is faster than you... do you understand?*

*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

P. Cornelius Scipio

John wrote:
3 weeks ago
SB83 wrote:
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
He'll be gone at the end of the year anyway. Off to Formula E or where ever drivers of his calibre belongs. Of course they were going to take a punt on Gio, there wasn't anyone else halfway decent around at the time and they want a good Italian driver in F1. If they didn't spend that money on Gio, they would have spent it elsewhere.
If they wanted a good Italian driver in F1 they shouldn't have hired Giovinazzi. I can't believe that in the whole of Italy there isn't a better driver than Giovinazzi