Page 1 of 1

Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 14:53 pm
by PTRACER
The first 18 laps had no DRS. They were an 8 out of 10. The rest was a 2. Completely indifferent. That averages out at Pish/10.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 14:59 pm
by Everso Biggyballies
Yeah have to agree the no drs portion of the race was good with plenty of proper passing and dicing with the field compressed . with DRS it was predictable shite

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 15:00 pm
by Antonov
it was mental

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 20:57 pm
by XcraigX
4. I was not impressed. The no DRS portion reminded us how bad the car aero is in 2019.
Lewis ran his own race, Bottas did some great passing, but we missed the big passes in the pitstop exchange, and we were robbed of another LeClerc/Verstappen duel.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 23:22 pm
by Michkov
I did enjoy the non DRS part.The fact that we got trains of cars again was good to see, as soon as they fixed the DRS server though the fast cars percolated to the front as they always to.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 01:34 am
by PTRACER
Michkov wrote:
8 months ago
I did enjoy the non DRS part.The fact that we got trains of cars again was good to see, as soon as they fixed the DRS server though the fast cars percolated to the front as they always to.
I was hoping they would leave it off the whole race. It really transformed the racing and overtaking became exciting again.

:down:

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 15:58 pm
by XcraigX
PTRACER wrote:
8 months ago
It really transformed the racing and overtaking became exciting again.

:down:
It seemed like a severe lack of overtaking to me. Bottas passed a few people, but we mostly got trains of cars.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 20:03 pm
by Michkov
I find the potential of an overtake more exciting than the ensured easy pass that DRS provides. I bet we'd get a more varied top 6 if DRS was not in play, maybe not at the top but 4th to 6th may be something other than Red Blue, Ferrari or Mercedes for once. Same goes for the engine lifetime regs but that's another point.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 23:06 pm
by MonteCristo
Michkov wrote:
8 months ago
I find the potential of an overtake more exciting than the ensured easy pass that DRS provides. I bet we'd get a more varied top 6 if DRS was not in play, maybe not at the top but 4th to 6th may be something other than Red Blue, Ferrari or Mercedes for once. Same goes for the engine lifetime regs but that's another point.
Agreed.

The hanford device in CART was really fun for about an hour, but after that it was just meh.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 00:46 am
by PTRACER
Michkov wrote:
8 months ago
I find the potential of an overtake more exciting than the ensured easy pass that DRS provides. I bet we'd get a more varied top 6 if DRS was not in play, maybe not at the top but 4th to 6th may be something other than Red Blue, Ferrari or Mercedes for once. Same goes for the engine lifetime regs but that's another point.
Yep, THIS :agreepost: Hulkenberg was able to keep the other cars behind for a while, the guys behind would have to take risks to try and get past. As soon as the DRS was activated again, they breezed past him with little risk at all.

I didn't realise how much I would enjoy no-DRS racing even if the excitement was mostly inside my own head.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 02:31 am
by Kai-Star
Went with a 4. Not enough up front to get too excited about. But enough passing throughout the field to not be a total slog.

Re: Rate the last race of the 2010s - Abu Dhabi 2019

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 08:07 am
by Everso Biggyballies
Yes I went with a 4 as well.... the part of the race without DRS was the best part, but only lasted for 18 laps before DRS was sorted and enabled resulting in we got into the boredom this track breeds, dragging the score down by the lap.