2019 Emirates Gran Premio de España

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago I didn't post further because there were no further highlights.
Saying 'there were no further highlights' suggests there were highlights earlier in the race. Did I miss something?
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

kals wrote: 4 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago I didn't post further because there were no further highlights.
Saying 'there were no further highlights' suggests there were highlights earlier in the race. Did I miss something?
The wind picking up caused a minute of commentator frenzy in Sky. Pretty much a James Allen grandstand finish.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago
kals wrote: 4 years ago
The wind picking up caused a minute of commentator frenzy in Sky. Pretty much a James Allen grandstand finish.
When me and my best friend were in college we'd impersonate James Allen's enthusiastic commentary by screaming "HAMILTOOOOON WINS!!!" and 'air masturbate' with a penis shaped like Arnold Rimmer's special salute:

I mean you can at least vaguely imagine it right?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Subaru Forester

Post by Kai-Star »

Just watched a replay last night, and won't be sad that we won't be coming back anytime soon. The track will still be used for testing I assume. Personally I would think to hope that the FIA made a rule that you can't test on a track that will be used in the upcoming season.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Kai-Star wrote: 4 years ago Just watched a replay last night, and won't be sad that we won't be coming back anytime soon. The track will still be used for testing I assume. Personally I would think to hope that the FIA made a rule that you can't test on a track that will be used in the upcoming season.
AFAIK Catalunya is on the verge of extending its contract and will continue for at least a couple of years. Zandvoort is one of the additional 2 events for next year (ie + Vietnam)

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 4 years ago
Kai-Star wrote: 4 years ago Just watched a replay last night, and won't be sad that we won't be coming back anytime soon. The track will still be used for testing I assume. Personally I would think to hope that the FIA made a rule that you can't test on a track that will be used in the upcoming season.
AFAIK Catalunya is on the verge of extending its contract and will continue for at least a couple of years. Zandvoort is one of the additional 2 events for next year (ie + Vietnam)
It's what...

2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.