ATTENTION GPL FANS! We are voting for our favourite Grand Prix cars of the 1960s!
Let us know your favourite here: LINK

2019 Emirates Gran Premio de España

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
kals
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 28275
Joined: 12 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Re: 2019 Emirates Gran Premio de España

Post by kals » 1 year ago

Latest post of the previous page:

John wrote:
1 year ago
PTRACER wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
That's fully on Norris.
Nothing to do with Stroll's complete lack of spatial awareness then...
Norris should have abandoned that overtake attempt. What's Stroll supposed to do? Open the door and say "after you"?
Norris was enough alongside through turn 1 and into turn 2, Stroll should have given more racing room. 60/40 on Stroll.

User avatar
John
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Posts: 6213
Joined: 4 years ago
Real Name: Jo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Volvo V60 -17, Toyota iQ -09
Location: Insert Swedish countryball here

Post by John » 1 year ago

kals wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
PTRACER wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
That's fully on Norris.
Nothing to do with Stroll's complete lack of spatial awareness then...
Norris should have abandoned that overtake attempt. What's Stroll supposed to do? Open the door and say "after you"?
Norris was enough alongside through turn 1 and into turn 2, Stroll should have given more racing room. 60/40 on Stroll.
I'm all for bashing Stroll and I'll happily do so whenever I have a chance, but no, I don't agree that Norris was enough alongside.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

JORGE LORENZO IS A GOD.

DoubleFart
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2601
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: YouKnowWho
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart » 1 year ago

I blamed it 60/40 on stroll as well. Sky seemed to blame Norris.
Guess The Predictor:
Gavle Yule Goat 2018 Champion
Gavle Yule Goal 2019 Champion
2020 - Let's see that fucker burn!

User avatar
Vassago
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1145
Joined: 16 years ago
Location: Poland

Post by Vassago » 1 year ago

All fault on Norris. You don't hit a car in the rear wheel and blame it on the other guy. He didn't make the move stick. Sky got it spot on IMO.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...

User avatar
kals
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 28275
Joined: 12 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 1 year ago

Hardly. Stroll pinches Norris. There was enough space for two cars through that corner. Stroll turns into T2 as if no one is there.

I thought I heard Brundle say he thought Norris was enough alongside. Maybe I misheard him.

User avatar
Antonov
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 12388
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Tobias
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI
Location: home

Post by Antonov » 1 year ago

Racing incident, for which we lay blame with Stroll $imply because no one likes him, lol.

User avatar
caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 13795
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Toni
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X
Location: Milan
Contact:

Post by caneparo » 1 year ago

That was norris fault. He should have give up
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts

User avatar
caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 13795
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Toni
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X
Location: Milan
Contact:

Post by caneparo » 1 year ago

Antonov wrote:
1 year ago
Gonna be a funeral mood at Ferrari in the debrief.
Binotto will say the championship is still not mathematecally closed.
He’d rather go back being a ghostbuster as he looks like egon spengler
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts

User avatar
kals
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 28275
Joined: 12 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 1 year ago

The incident was similar to Hamilton and Massa at India in 2011. For that Massa was given a penalty. In this instance I don’t think either driver is worthy of a penalty.

User avatar
John
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Posts: 6213
Joined: 4 years ago
Real Name: Jo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Volvo V60 -17, Toyota iQ -09
Location: Insert Swedish countryball here

Post by John » 1 year ago

This season really has been garbage so far. One good race, Bahrain, and four duds.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

JORGE LORENZO IS A GOD.

User avatar
kals
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 28275
Joined: 12 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 1 year ago

John wrote:
1 year ago
This season really has been garbage so far. One good race, Bahrain, and four duds.
Yep. And there’s still, 16 races of this left? :roll:

User avatar
Antonov
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 12388
Joined: 11 years ago
Real Name: Tobias
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI
Location: home

Post by Antonov » 1 year ago

Not as if we can expect more from Monaco, unless wet (and even then...)

User avatar
Vassago
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1145
Joined: 16 years ago
Location: Poland

Post by Vassago » 1 year ago

kals wrote:
1 year ago
Hardly. Stroll pinches Norris. There was enough space for two cars through that corner. Stroll turns into T2 as if no one is there.

I thought I heard Brundle say he thought Norris was enough alongside. Maybe I misheard him.
Nope, he blamed Norris alright. Stroll was 3/4 lenghts ahead. Right of way prevails. 100% Norris fault, it's not his corner by any means.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...

User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 27273
Joined: 14 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 1 year ago

I believe I heard them say something about Norris apologising to the team. Is that an admission of guilt?
I think they both could have done a bit more to avoid contact tbh, but more fault with Norris.

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*


*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

User avatar
kals
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 28275
Joined: 12 years ago
Real Name: Kieran
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park
Location: New Jersey

Post by kals » 1 year ago

Vassago wrote:
1 year ago
kals wrote:
1 year ago
Hardly. Stroll pinches Norris. There was enough space for two cars through that corner. Stroll turns into T2 as if no one is there.

I thought I heard Brundle say he thought Norris was enough alongside. Maybe I misheard him.
Nope, he blamed Norris alright. Stroll was 3/4 lenghts ahead. Right of way prevails. 100% Norris fault, it's not his corner by any means.
So you’re saying Stroll was entitled to turn into the corner regardless of where Norris was? It’s not as if Norris surprised Stroll, as the Racing Point driver was defending going into turn 1.

I’m not saying Norris was blameless, rather we disagree about Stroll’s involvement. Whether we agree or disagree, at least it’s given us something to discuss after a pretty dire race.

User avatar
John
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Posts: 6213
Joined: 4 years ago
Real Name: Jo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Volvo V60 -17, Toyota iQ -09
Location: Insert Swedish countryball here

Post by John » 1 year ago

kals wrote:
1 year ago
Vassago wrote:
1 year ago
kals wrote:
1 year ago
Hardly. Stroll pinches Norris. There was enough space for two cars through that corner. Stroll turns into T2 as if no one is there.

I thought I heard Brundle say he thought Norris was enough alongside. Maybe I misheard him.
Nope, he blamed Norris alright. Stroll was 3/4 lenghts ahead. Right of way prevails. 100% Norris fault, it's not his corner by any means.
So you’re saying Stroll was entitled to turn into the corner regardless of where Norris was? It’s not as if Norris surprised Stroll, as the Racing Point driver was defending going into turn 1.

I’m not saying Norris was blameless, rather we disagree about Stroll’s involvement. Whether we agree or disagree, at least it’s given us something to discuss after a pretty dire race.
I think Stroll expected Norris to back up, while also he probably saw the chance to give him a bit of a squeeze. I stand by my view that Norris should have backed off, the corner exit would have been compromised and Stroll would have had him in the following sweeper.
kals wrote:
1 year ago
John wrote:
1 year ago
This season really has been garbage so far. One good race, Bahrain, and four duds.
Yep. And there’s still, 16 races of this left? :roll:
Fark. :banghead:
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

JORGE LORENZO IS A GOD.

Post Reply