2019 F1 Bahrain Grand Prix

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

caneparo wrote: 5 years ago
kals wrote: 5 years ago So can we talk about Vettel’s front wing failure? I cannot be the only person that is questioning the structural integrity and build quality of the wing, if a spin that caused slight tyre damage and a vibration was to cause a complete and devastating failure of the wing at its mounting points.

Or are the FIA fine with the obvious safety question marks, now the Halo is on the car?
It’s really unbelievable that it happened but even vettel said he didn’t get contact with anything. I remember that the vivration caused serious suspension damages two years ago in austria.

Remember when vibration from a flat spotted tyre destroyed Kimi's front suspension at Nurburgring(?) back in the McLaren days. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago
kals wrote: 5 years ago So can we talk about Vettel’s front wing failure? I cannot be the only person that is questioning the structural integrity and build quality of the wing, if a spin that caused slight tyre damage and a vibration was to cause a complete and devastating failure of the wing at its mounting points.

Or are the FIA fine with the obvious safety question marks, now the Halo is on the car?
It’s really unbelievable that it happened but even vettel said he didn’t get contact with anything. I remember that the vivration caused serious suspension damages two years ago in austria.

Remember when vibration from a flat spotted tyre destroyed Kimi's front suspension at Nurburgring(?) back in the McLaren days. :wink:
There’s quite a disparity between a car shaking it’s suspension to pieces after many laps of hard charging racing versus a car’s front wing disintegrating a couple of corners after a spin. Wouldn’t you agree?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Fair comment, although with Kimi the vibration only got really severe in the last few laps. Still more than a couple of corners as with Vettel though, agreed. :wink:

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

It's fine part of the interest in F1 is the engineers messing with the laws of physics. With the low number of wings we've lost to square tyres and other turbulence over the last 20 years, this is such an edge case I dont want the FIA to get their hands in. Wait strike that, I wouldn't mind them mandating a certain force the mountings had to endure, but then the teams will moan about the weight again. And the cars will get heavier again, which is something dislike quite a bit in the current cars.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Hot take:

Vettel's mustache unbalanced his car and caused him to spin out.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Yes, it was.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

He took his hand off the wheel as he had a lip itch he needed to scratch
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

kals wrote: 5 years agoThere’s quite a disparity between a car shaking it’s suspension to pieces after many laps of hard charging racing versus a car’s front wing disintegrating a couple of corners after a spin. Wouldn’t you agree?
It's not _that_ far fetched though. Maybe it was just resonating at a certain frequency, which would've amplified the vibration a lot. Plus the wing didn't actually disintegrate, it just came off.
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

John wrote: 5 years ago Hot take:

A friend of mine said that leclerc car was faster because lack of mantits weight
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

John wrote: 5 years ago Hot take:

A friend of mine said that leclerc car was faster because lack of mantits weight
:haha: :haha:

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The 8th place points Albon scored over the weekend are the first for a Thai registered driver since Prince Bira scored at the 1954 French GP, 65 years ago near enough.
Actually he quite impressed me over the weekend. For a rookie. Lapped his team mate Kvyat and leads him in the points now.

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago The 8th place points Albon scored over the weekend are the first for a Thai registered driver since Prince Bira scored at the 1954 French GP, 65 years ago near enough.
Actually he quite impressed me over the weekend. For a rookie. Lapped his team mate Kvyat and leads him in the points now.
More impressive than Gasly in any case.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

MonteCristo wrote: 5 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago The 8th place points Albon scored over the weekend are the first for a Thai registered driver since Prince Bira scored at the 1954 French GP, 65 years ago near enough.
**Gasly takes worried look over his shoulder for passing Albon him in the senior drive stakes**

Would not be the first time an STR / RBR swapperoo happened, although we are only two races in .... but watch this space for 2020. :wink:

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Kvyat is the most invisible driver in the 2019 field. I still can't believe he keeps coming back. Waiting for Pedro De La Rosa's next comeback now.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

**Gasly takes worried look over his shoulder for passing Albon him in the senior drive stakes**

Would not be the first time an STR / RBR swapperoo happened, although we are only two races in .... but watch this space for 2020. :wink:
Or maybe the Torro Rosso is the better car this year? Only Max is able to get the best out of it?
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

XcraigX wrote: 5 years ago

Or maybe the Torro Rosso is the better car this year? Only Max is able to get the best out of it?
Now that would be something, wouldn't it?

CEREAL IS A SOUP.