Rate the 2019 Australian GP! viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15942

Toro Rosso prepared to help Red Bull by taking grid penalties

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
erwin greven
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Renault Clio 1.2 2003

Post by erwin greven » 1 month ago

February 1, 2019

Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda Team Principal Franz Tost says the Italian team would be happy to accept more grid penalties in the 2019 FIA Formula 1 World Championship to help Aston Martin Red Bull Racing.

Last year, Toro Rosso drivers Pierre Gasly and Brendon Hartley took Honda engine grid penalties on numerous occasions in an attempt to boost the Japanese manufacturer’s development plans.

With Red Bull switching to Honda engines for the first time and no mileage done with their new suppliers yet, it’s uncertain whether the senior squad are in the correct shape to be vying for the title.

Speaking to Motorsport.com Tost mentioned that Toro Rosso is willing to take more sacrifices to “improve the performance” of Red Bull and the Austrian team’s drivers not needing to take grid penalties.

“If that helps the strategy for Red Bull to win races and the world championship, of course,” said Tost.

“We do not even need to discuss this, it’s within our philosophy. I’m more than happy with it, because in parallel we also improve the performance.”
Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda mechanics working on the STR13 in the garage during pre-season testing in Barcelona.

Toro Rosso will use Red Bull’s components including the gearbox and the rear end of the car to boost the Italian team’s developments, rather than having two customers with different rear-end architectures and Tost believes this strategy will pay off.

“There’s no doubt that we will profit from the synergies and the co-operation with Red Bull Technologies,” said Tost.

“It’s the whole rear end. We have to develop within the rules all the list of parts, and this of course we will do because we stick to the rules.

“All the teams at this stage of the year hope that the new car works better and is an improvement.

“This is the same for us, but I always say that I want to see the performance on the race track, which means the lap time. This is decisive.”
https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2019 ... penalties/
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DJ at www.metalmessiahradio.com *** Every Tuesday 1pm - 4pm EST.

caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo » 1 month ago

I really do not see anything bad in it. It just surprise me tost is bragging about it. It’s just regular thing I think.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals » 1 month ago

caneparo wrote:
1 month ago
I really do not see anything bad in it. It just surprise me tost is bragging about it. It’s just regular thing I think.
Yes, this. It's an odd thing for a team principal to be happy about and must make Albon and Kvyat feel wonderful for the season ahead.

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 1 month ago

kals wrote:
1 month ago

must make Albon and Kvyat feel wonderful for the season ahead.
This.

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*

*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always