Join us here in ranking Ayrton Senna's Formula 1 cars! viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16038

The AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
John
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: Volvo V60 -17, Toyota iQ -09

Re: The AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! GP

Post by John » 7 months ago

Latest post of the previous page:

It'll be interesting next year. Vettel will, for the first time in ages, have a teammate who's not interested in playing second fiddle. Let's see how he handles that.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

This space available for rent. Inquire within.

caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo » 7 months ago

I was really surprised by his interview when he said that his bad period is not only for the races but there’s other things that changed. despite he added that those things can be fixed I didn’t understand what he was referring too, if something personal or much likely in ferrari. Probably he was disappointed that ferrari dropped kimi? I agree that he will be put under bigger pressure by leclerc. The guy is really fast, yet not perfect (he’s been making mistakes in races in f2 and also in his f1 rookie season), and vettel must really keep his nerves when/if leclerc will beat him qualy sometimes.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts

John
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Ever since Leclerc was announced, Vettel has been...weird. That whole "let's talk about this later" thing at Monza sort of comes into new light.

Or, he's just slowly turning insane.

MonteCristo
FMB Representative
FMB Representative
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo » 7 months ago

Thoughts:

Lap one - full of tards. Like I said a few days ago, Vettel can't race.

The sound effects guy on lap 8/9 wins the race. I assume that went out over the global feed. I enjoyed the graphics failing on lap 2 as well.

Race totally died by lap 10.

Frederic Vasseur is French Ron Dennis.

Well done Kimi.
Danny Ric in F1! Catch the fever!

Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 7 months ago

Horner is an English Zak Brown. FOS.

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*

*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Thinking about it, Vettel had a major role and part in Kimi's win and the temporary adjournment of any Lewis celebrations.

After, had Vettel not been stupid and got the penalty he did, Kimi would not have had the front row start that allowed him to squeeze aheead of Lewis at T1 and set up his victory from there. Also Seb's first lap fail ensured he would not be in the picture to be given a wave through on Kimi for the win.

Well done Seb! Good to see you playing for the team. :tongue: :wink:

caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Well done if you think it was raikkonen win that prevented hamilton winning the wdc. Moreover the constructors is still open and if bottas keeps on driving like a turtle ferrari can still to have some hopes.
I have read in a website called sportfair a thesis which is similiar to mine, that vettel is in bad terms with ferrari because they fired kimi, and the way they fired him in monza.
Last edited by caneparo 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals » 7 months ago

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
7 months ago
Horner is FOS.
:agreepost:

caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Horner is really a bad person. He said that ricciardo broke a wall in the boxes for the pu failure adding that next year ricciardo will have time to work with renault and fix those issues

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Great race report on the USGP by Mark Hughes in Motorsport Mag..

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/repo ... BY,1M104,1

Love the last line of the last paragraph....
The Verstappen/Hamilton dice just played further into Räikkönen’s 39-year-old hands and as he gunned the Ferrari out the final turn he saw the chequer one more time. Maybe the last? “Oh, I dunno,” he said. “Maybe I win the next one too.”

Kimi has got the winning taste again. :wink:

caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Too late kimi...too late :(

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

I’m guessing this was an attempted bit of gamesmanship by either or both Haas and Force India. Sainz didn’t gain an advantage by running wide on the exit of turn one. He was one of three drivers to use the run off, along with Vettel and Vandoorne, and while he did come back on alongside a Force India going into turn 2 the Force India was fully in front into turn 3. Neither Vettel or Vandoorne we’re investigated, and rightly so, yet Sainz received a penalty.
“Autosport.com” wrote:Renault's Formula 1 rivals Force India and Haas are frustrated by the leniency of the five-second track-limits penalty Carlos Sainz Jr received during the United States Grand Prix.

Sainz started 11th and ran wide exiting Turn 1, which helped him leapfrog the Force India and Haas drivers. He went on to finish sixth.

The Spaniard served his penalty during his pitstop on lap 24 of 56, but it did not cost him any positions.

Haas boss Guenther Steiner said stewards took too long to react.

"Our team manager will bring it to the Sporting Working Group," Steiner said.

"You cut the corner, take an advantage, and then it takes five laps to realise that somebody did something, it takes another five laps [to make a decision] - and you are gone by then because everybody's stuck.

"Then they give you five seconds, which means nothing, because you're gone. It's wrong.

"If you're clever enough, and some people are clever enough to play this as a strategy, just cut it [the corner] knowing that you get five seconds, and try to drag it out.

"Because on the first lap there are so many incidents, and the stewards deal with the incidents on importance. For sure the front [of the field] is more important.

"If you would replay this race and Sainz was put back in the position where he started, the race would have developed completely differently.

"I think nobody thinks about this because nobody really cares, but we should care."

Force India team principal Otmar Szafnauer said the penalty was too light.

"Sainz ran wide and gained an advantage," said Szafnauer.

"He braked really late, and the fact that he went off the track to overtake everybody, and he got a five-second penalty, isn't really commensurate with what he did.

"It's not in line with the regulations. It should have been a stop-and-go or 10 seconds if he doesn't give the place back."

But FIA race director Charlie Whiting insisted the penalty was correct.

"When you have the sort of situation you had in Abu Dhabi last year, where Nico Hulkenberg overtook, knowing that a five-second penalty would be the likely penalty," he said.

"He easily gained more than five seconds so it was worthwhile doing - that's why we've issued a new set of guidelines to the stewards.

"The teams are aware of it, where if we think it's being done deliberately, they will take a wholly different view.

"But on the first corner of the first lap [at Austin] it was a bit of a muddle up there, and it was quite clear he went up the outside of [Charles] Leclerc, and then went around and went very wide.

"It looks as if he followed Sebastian [Vettel] a little bit, and then he came back on and was in front. I think you have to say he gained an advantage by doing that.

"But as far as the penalty is concerned, I think it's the standard penalty."
I also rewatched the Stroll and Alonso incident from the onboards and while Stroll is to blame for the collision, Alonso needs to shoulder some of the responsibility. Why? Because he was unusually slow going into turn 3 resulting in the 3-4 cars around him having to take evasive action. Stroll should have backed out, he had more time to react than others.

caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

I had the same impression of you. But at sky they said the sainz was penalised because he gained the position on ocon thanks to that excursion in the escape way

kals
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

caneparo wrote:
7 months ago
I had the same impression of you. But at sky they said the sainz was penalised because he gained the position on ocon thanks to that excursion in the escape way
Sky UK or Italy? Once the replay was shown Martin Brundle said he believed the penalty to Sainz was very harsh. From the overhead replay you can see Sainz slotting in behind the Force India going into turn 3. Let's remember that Force India, Renault and Haas are in a tight battle in the constructors championship where every point counts.

John
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Just imagine, simply sticking a gravel trap on the outside of that turn would solve it. Buuuuut I guess that's impossible.

caneparo
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

kals wrote:
7 months ago
caneparo wrote:
7 months ago
Sky UK or Italy? Once the replay was shown Martin Brundle said he believed the penalty to Sainz was very harsh. From the overhead replay you can see Sainz slotting in behind the Force India going into turn 3. Let's remember that Force India, Renault and Haas are in a tight battle in the constructors championship where every point counts.
Sky italy, of course. The replay shows only sainz and ocon wheel to wheel, but if they said so it woukld mean that sainz had the upper hand. Nevertheless the penalty seems too much. They should avoid that tarmac highway for escape road