The "Oh f**k the Mongols are here as well"-GP of Azerbajasiis....Eh. Baku.

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

caneparo wrote: 6 years ago I still am trying to find a reason why verstappen was not penalised. Once more mirror driving moving left and right. He chnged line at least twice. Well ricciardo was a bit ambitious with his move but he had momentum. Max covered right and left, of course the accident was then unevitable.
:agreepost:

And yet Sirotkin was given a 3 place grid penalty for his first lap incident with Perez.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

But they are not in the same team. Taking out your teammate doesn't warrant official punishment.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Ross Brawn has thrown his 2 cents into the argument suggesting that Daniel was always going to have an accident at that time due to the massive lack of aero effect when he got close to Max. I have to agree with him, and suggested that in my first post after viewing replays. Thats not exonerating Max, he did move twice, but it does indicate fault on both parties.
Post-race, stewards investigated the incident and handed both drivers a reprimand, a decision Brawn agrees with.

Formula 1’s managing director of motorsports believes stewards were right to reprimand Daniel Ricciardo following his race ending crash with team-mate Max Verstappen at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

Despite the punishment, Ross Brawn also suggests that Ricciardo was little more than a passenger once he was tucked up behind Verstappen, making contact inevitable.

Ricciardo and Verstappen made contact when braking for Turn 1, the Australian locking up and sliding into the rear of Verstappen’s car.

“I don’t want to comment on who might be held responsible or how a team should manage these issues during a race, but I do think the Steward’s decision to reprimand both drivers was the right course of action,” Brawn told the sport’s official website.

“But I would like to highlight a technical point. Once Daniel had settled for his line, and Max had changed direction blocking that line, the Australian became a passenger.

“The downforce loss experienced by Ricciardo in the wake of Verstappen’s car would have made it unstoppable.

“We often think of downforce applying in cornering, but the impact the extra grip has in braking is huge.

“Take away that grip in braking and what happened on Sunday was inevitable.”
Whether their lack of penalty beyond reprimand is because they between them affected only their own team I guess is why. No other team or driver was involved. (Not taking into account the SC / restart issues. It is difficult to place blame on Vettel's over exuberant restart anywhere else but with Seb. VB's puncture was more a 'shit happens' type of incident, and cant 100% be put down to debris from the Red Bulls.... Maybe a bit of KMag's Haas? :wink:)

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Woahh! There was actually spectators there!?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Ahhahaha
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

The most wealthy ones yes and a few from outside the country. Because when you go more than 500m outside the track you will find the most appalling examples of poverty.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

This video shows the vidrogame tactics by verstappen who, incredibly, was not penalised.
One more thing: was safety car really necessary?
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts