Tilkedromes

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Comparison to a non-wdc winning car team mate (ie. Comparison of Button- Barichello I'm the same car, and Barichello's rating against other top drivers)

Schumacher beat Eddie Irvine and Barichello comprehensively, and those two were evenly matched when at Jordan together.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

:happy: Justification in my opinion that COTA is the best new track!

Plus I generally agree with his assessment of the others. Some good stuff, but more variety (and elevation) needed.

Thanks for sharing!
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

In general I think he was a bit too soft on Tilke where criticism is concerned. And he needs to sharpen up those gaming skills... but it's a good critical review overall. Personally, apart from Turkey and COTA I never really liked any of them and I thought India was a disgrace. Korea had a habit of throwing up some really exciting races and I loved driving on it on PS4.

Other than that, I'd say, please bring back pre-2001 Hockenheim. We could do with some flat out slipstreaming (we don't need to wait for Baku all the time).
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I'd take pre-2001 Hockenheim over the current but I rarely remember many or any decent races on that version let alone any slipstreamers.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

kals wrote: 4 years ago I'd take pre-2001 Hockenheim over the current but I rarely remember many or any decent races on that version let alone any slipstreamers.
But just imagine it with 47 DRS zones...
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Picci wrote: 4 years ago In general I think he was a bit too soft on Tilke where criticism is concerned. And he needs to sharpen up those gaming skills... but it's a good critical review overall. Personally, apart from Turkey and COTA I never really liked any of them and I thought India was a disgrace. Korea had a habit of throwing up some really exciting races and I loved driving on it on PS4.

Other than that, I'd say, please bring back pre-2001 Hockenheim. We could do with some flat out slipstreaming (we don't need to wait for Baku all the time).
It pisses me off that they had to demolish the old circuit and replace it with...nothing. They could at least have kept it.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

kals wrote: 4 years ago I'd take pre-2001 Hockenheim over the current but I rarely remember many or any decent races on that version let alone any slipstreamers.
The current Hockenheim is absolute trash, that's the worst makeover ever. The old track actually had a soul and it was a rare power circuit like Monza. At least it was handed a proper send-off with the 2001 race that Montoya should have won. I still remember how excited I was when Ukyo Katayama emerged 3rd from the opening lap mess in 1994 but the God damn Tyrrell broke down as usual a handful of laps later. Sadly people forget how unique that track was. Now it's 36465372 corners on Mickey Mouse design. And Sepang still remains Tilke's best circuit with COTA being better than expected. I don't even remember India & Korea anymore tbh.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago
I'd only accept a minimum of 48 though
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Vassago wrote: 4 years ago
The current Hockenheim is absolute trash, that's the worst makeover ever. The old track actually had a soul and it was a rare power circuit like Monza. At least it was handed a proper send-off with the 2001 race that Montoya should have won. I still remember how excited I was when Ukyo Katayama emerged 3rd from the opening lap mess in 1994 but the God damn Tyrrell broke down as usual a handful of laps later. Sadly people forget how unique that track was. Now it's 36465372 corners on Mickey Mouse design. And Sepang still remains Tilke's best circuit with COTA being better than expected. I don't even remember India & Korea anymore tbh.
Completely agree. For the same reason I love Monaco still being on the calendar, old Hockenheim produced boring races yet it was one of a kind on the calendar.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

kals wrote: 4 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago
I'd only accept a minimum of 48 though
We'll have to turn to Formula E for that level of innovation.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion