Rate the 2019 Australian GP! viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15942

Michael Schumacher - three years on

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
erwin greven
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Renault Clio 1.2 2003

Re: Michael Schumacher - three years on

Post by erwin greven » 7 months ago

Last post from previous page:

Antonov wrote:
7 months ago
Anthrax?
Using Google
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DJ at www.metalmessiahradio.com *** Every Tuesday 1pm - 4pm EST.

Antonov
I am Stefan GP
I am Stefan GP
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov » 7 months ago

Michael Schumacher health latest: F1 legend 'still cries' - major health update reported

More on: https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/10 ... ormula-one

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Raikkonen, Lauda, Clark etc
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: BMW 330C M Sport Coupe

Post by Everso Biggyballies » 2 months ago

Michael Schumacher's family release a statement to mark his 50th Birthday today.

Michael Schumacher’s family has issued a statement to mark the Formula 1 legend’s 50th birthday, stating that they are doing “everything humanly possible to help Michael.”

The statement was issued on Schumacher’s official Facebook page ahead of his birthday which takes place today (January 3)
Minimal mention of his actual condition and prognosis, as we have come to expect, but Schumacher’s family thanked fans for their continued support of the German since his skiing accident just over five years ago.
“You can be sure that he is in the very best of hands and that we are doing everything humanly possible to help him,” reads the statement.

“Please understand if we are following Michael’s wishes and keeping such a sensitive subject as health, as it has always been, in privacy.

“At the same time we say thank you very much for your friendship and wish you a healthy and happy year 2019.”

The family also publicised the Official Michael Schumacher App which the Keep Fighting Foundation is releasing on his birthday.

“As a gift to him, you and us, Keep Fighting Foundation has created a virtual museum,” explains the statement.

“The Official Michael Schumacher App will be released tomorrow, so that we can review all together Michael’s successes.

“The app is another milestone in our effort to do justice to him and you, his fans, by celebrating his accomplishments. We wish you a lot of fun with it.”

The Ferrari Museum will likewise open its own exhibition in Maranello to mark Schumacher’s birthday.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/01/03/sc ... -birthday/

Re the 'Michael 50' Ferrari Museum Exhibition.
The exhibition will showcase not only the seven-time world champion’s Formula 1 contribution but also his work developing GT cars as both a driver and consultant.

Schumacher continues to recover from a skiing accident in December 2013 with few official updates of his condition released.

Set to coincide with his 50th birthday, the ‘Michael 50’ exhibit opens on January 3.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/12/18/fe ... r-exhibit/

*My woman cant wrestle. But you should see her box!*

*I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by PTRACER » 2 months ago

The family have said enough for us to realise the situation is still grave. I wondered whether we would receive some kind of informational statement for his 50th birthday and this is it. Thanks for posting @Everso Biggyballies.
Racing is living and everything that happens in between is just waiting.

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Whereas in the early days after his accident I might have been critical of the family total privacy policy, but now given we know the gravity of the situation, I do respect and understand their position, and more to the point agree with it..

Other friends who have remained close to the Schumacher family have all reinforced that point, and even if they know more and have seen Michael recently they are upholding the family policy. Some recent comments from the web .....
Those closest to Schumacher, including his friend and former Ferrari boss Jean Todt, backed that stance.

When asked by La Gazzetta dello Sport to reveal whether Schumacher is cognitively able to follow a formula one race, the Frenchman replied: "Here I stop."

In Welt newspaper, Todt admitted that despite remaining close friends with Schumacher and his family including monthly visits, "we no longer have the same communication as before".

But on the specifics of Schumacher's condition, Todt told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "I don't think there's a reason to revisit this point.

"You know that he had this terrible accident five years ago, he's fighting and will continue to do so, he has a team close to him, his family, which is extraordinary," Todt added.

"The rest is private, and it is right that it remains that way."

Another close former Schumacher colleague, F1 sporting boss Ross Brawn, agrees.

"I am constantly in touch with Corinna, and I totally agree with their decision," the former Ferrari technical boss said.

"It's completely understandable that Corinna has wanted to maintain the same approach to Michael's privacy, which was a guiding principle in his career.

"Even after the tragic event, it's a decision we must all respect," Brawn added.

And Luca di Montezemolo, the former Ferrari president, said he too is "in contact with Corinna, but I share the family's decision to keep Michael's life private.

"We all have to respect his privacy," he told Il Fatto Quotidiano.

As for Schumacher's health condition, di Montezemolo told Rai radio: "I hope something (positive) can happen, but I do not want to say anything else except that Michael is fighting with so much determination and with a magnificent family around him."
#keepfightingMichael.

Ian-S
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by Ian-S » 2 months ago

Of course they're going to back it, they're not going to disagree because they know next time they rock up to visit, they'll be told where to go if they publicly disagree or criticise the decision.
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Everso Biggyballies
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Ian-S wrote:
2 months ago
Of course they're going to back it, they're not going to disagree because they know next time they rock up to visit, they'll be told where to go if they publicly disagree or criticise the decision.
Of course, the family policy gives the likes of Brawn Todt etc the easy out to the difficult and probing questions they still clearly get asked gy media hungry for a snippet of gossip. As we read from Todt with his 'Here we stop /we dont go there' reply.