Singapore race fix scandal - Piquets win libel damages

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Bottom post of the previous page:

a good train of thought that it was Ron Dennis behind sex-gate, but Flabby doesn't sound such a bad idea either.

They'd better clarify the ban on people associated with Flabby, they've basically given all Flabby's drivers a get out of jail free card for getting out the management contract, but I wonder just how many people further down the ladder are going to be affected by this, he manages a lot of drivers at F3/F2/GP2 level.

With the ban of associated people they're also skating on very thin ice over restrictive practice, something the FIA have been in the dock for previously and had to settle out of court for.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

They'll find a way for that. What Mosley wanted was to screw Briatore, and he did it even worse than with Dennis. Italian press says Howett and Ferrari are the next on the list. Mosley has just 32 days left to act, we can expect something will happen.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Edgar Jessop
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Edgar Jessop »

Cheeveer wrote:And Renault will only be banned if they do something similar again? Sounds reasonable.
:agreepost: It's about right! In cheating terms it's a nothing story, as I pontificated above.

But as a political manoeuvre .....
C'est brutal mais ca marche!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

SOunds like the right decision to me.....Flavio was not only the predetermined target, but also the the team boss and in on the deal, and has not made so much as even thought of making an apology...... so he cops the brunt of it and we are rid of the horrible creature with the sweaty armpits and ethics of a *insert the most unethical thing you can think of*.

Symonds was in on it too, apologised and was regrettful, so he cops a ban.

Renault were not involved, have dealt with matters by ridding the team of those involved, apologised for everything and agreed to pick up all the FIA costs incurred, and have been given a suspended sentence, plus of course a lot of embarrassment by the instigators.

The only misnomer in the proceedings is that the young fuckwit who actually performed the act, and his abnoxious father are still free to come and go as they please. But at least Senior will have to buy a team to further his sons career.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

Actually I would prefer Flavio in F1 than outside. I'm sure we'll find him soon involved in Italian politics!! :evil:
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

caneparo wrote:Actually I would prefer Flavio in F1 than outside. I'm sure we'll find him soon involved in Italian politics!! :evil:
You mean the Italian govt are not already managed by him / on the payroll? :jaw:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Jody Scheckter just said on BBC news that nobody will employ Nelson now cos he can't even crash properly let alone drive a car....

:haha: :haha:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Edgar Jessop
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Edgar Jessop »

:haha: ... but shouldn't someone remind Jody that at least Nelson Piquet's son wasn't sacked for driving too slowly .... :whistling:
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
caneparo wrote:Actually I would prefer Flavio in F1 than outside. I'm sure we'll find him soon involved in Italian politics!! :evil:
You mean the Italian govt are not already managed by him / on the payroll? :jaw:
ahahahah someone evily says rumors that he's their biggest suppliers; I leave yourself to imagine (or investigate) of what... :whistling:
Edgar Jessop
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Edgar Jessop »

:haha: I'd heard that Italy was full of Fiat Panders
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

Edgar Jessop wrote::haha: I'd heard that Italy was full of Fiat Panders
this could be a help:
http://www.theflorentine.net/articles/a ... etocId=283

It seems that also Faina Zanarini is a good firend with Flabbio.
Beside this it must be said that they make trio with Cesare Florio at the usual solarium
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

I could not agree more......
The FIA cannot have it both ways. On one hand, it issued a judgment in the Renault cheating case that described the deliberate crash by Nelson Piquet Jr at Singapore last year as a breach of the International Sporting Code of “unparalleled severity”. On the other, it handed out a punishment of unparalleled leniency.

The governing body of motor sport has failed in its duty sufficiently to penalise Renault and its Formula One team for one of the worst acts of cheating in sporting history and allowed commercial considerations to cloud its judgment.

What was more important? Deterring others from even considering such reckless action or trying to ensure that Renault did not leave Formula One, miffed because it was hit hard for an attempt at race-fixing perpetrated by the two most senior figures in its team?

The agenda was to pin this on Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds, but few saw Renault getting off almost scot-free. This decision is all but impossible to reconcile with the $100 million (now about £61.4 million) fine given to McLaren Mercedes two years ago for cheating by using secret Ferrari data.

McLaren’s scheme involved illegally transferred information that unfairly influenced the design of their car, and the team were punished especially for going into denial when they were caught. But $100 million for that when Renault — whose team asked their driver to endanger his life and the lives of others to fix a race — gets off with having to pay only for the FIA’s investigation into the affair? How can that be right? The bill for the investigation is about $1.6 million, which makes Renault’s sanction roughly $98.4 million cheaper.

The background to this ridiculous decision is the struggle for survival of Formula One during the credit crunch, which has led to several teams selling up and others teetering on the verge of pulling out.

From the moment this sorry tale came to light, the objective was to keep the focus on a small conspiracy, heap the blame on the individuals at its heart and rap Renault on the knuckles. It will be a sweet irony if, despite this careful attempt to appease the French car giant, it decides to leave Formula One anyway.
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
FloP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by FloP »

:agreepost:
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

please add that the immunity to NP jr is a total farce. such an idiot could not be allowed to race anymore. responsibility is the major quality of a driver
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

He coulda listened to Nancy Reagan and just said NO.
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

strad wrote:I could not agree more......
:agreepost:

I've been looking to put my views and disappointment into words, but haven't been able to so far. This is exactly what I am feeling.

Good article Strad :thumbsup: