Rate the 2019 Australian GP! viewtopic.php?f=17&t=15942

Motorsportmemorial.org

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1588
Joined: 3 years ago

Re: Motorsportmemorial.org

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

Last post from previous page:

Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
I have a question about several karting fatalities which happened during amauter races or circuits located in shopping malls or recreations parks: should we add them to list? I have some doubts about calling them "autosport fatal accidents", but maybe we should discuss about it.
Karting accidents are generally added to motorsportmemorial.org given they happened during an official race.

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... =ct&n=1571

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=10413



If you think that the fatalities fit the Criteria, they should be eligible.

http://motorsportmemorial.org/criteria.php?db=ct
and most importantly:
Additionally, by “practice of motorsport” it is understood the engagement – either active or passive - in some sort of competitive and officially sanctioned racing meeting, or in preparatory activities directed towards engagement in such racing meetings.

User avatar
erwin greven
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Posts: 14357
Joined: 14 years ago
Real Name: Erwin Greven
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Renault Clio 1.2 2003
Location: Stadskanaal, Groningen
Contact:

Post by erwin greven » 6 months ago

Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago
Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
Georges Bollengier & Laurent Thilliez
INA says his surname was Boulanger, but I've seen that Bollengier also exists.
It is possible that both names are used when there is a Belgian family line in his family. Bollengier sounds Flemish (Dutch) and Boulangier Walloon (French) to me.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DJ at www.metalmessiahradio.com *** Every Tuesday 1pm - 4pm EST.

Sedre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 527
Joined: 1 year ago
Real Name: Andrei Sidorov

Post by Sedre » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
I have a question about several karting fatalities which happened during amauter races or circuits located in shopping malls or recreations parks: should we add them to list? I have some doubts about calling them "autosport fatal accidents", but maybe we should discuss about it.
Karting accidents are generally added to motorsportmemorial.org given they happened during an official race.

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... =ct&n=1571

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=10413



If you think that the fatalities fit the Criteria, they should be eligible.

http://motorsportmemorial.org/criteria.php?db=ct
and most importantly:
Additionally, by “practice of motorsport” it is understood the engagement – either active or passive - in some sort of competitive and officially sanctioned racing meeting, or in preparatory activities directed towards engagement in such racing meetings.
Yes, I mean, for example, this accident:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... -Kong.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Kong.html

For me, it's seems that it happened during some fun riding with friends. Can we call it "official racing"?

Sedre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 527
Joined: 1 year ago
Real Name: Andrei Sidorov

Post by Sedre » 6 months ago

Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago
Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
Georges Bollengier & Laurent Thilliez
INA says his surname was Boulanger, but I've seen that Bollengier also exists.
Bollengier was surname in Scanvinavian sources, maybe Boulanger is more corrent.

User avatar
hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1588
Joined: 3 years ago

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
I have a question about several karting fatalities which happened during amauter races or circuits located in shopping malls or recreations parks: should we add them to list? I have some doubts about calling them "autosport fatal accidents", but maybe we should discuss about it.
Karting accidents are generally added to motorsportmemorial.org given they happened during an official race.

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... =ct&n=1571

http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... ct&n=10413



If you think that the fatalities fit the Criteria, they should be eligible.

http://motorsportmemorial.org/criteria.php?db=ct
and most importantly:
Additionally, by “practice of motorsport” it is understood the engagement – either active or passive - in some sort of competitive and officially sanctioned racing meeting, or in preparatory activities directed towards engagement in such racing meetings.
Yes, I mean, for example, this accident:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldn ... -Kong.html
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -Kong.html

For me, it's seems that it happened during some fun riding with friends. Can we call it "official racing"?
This one certainly does not fit the criteria.

We've had another small talk about mm.org and their cases here (drifting event)

Plus, another example here (Amanda Gambacorto)

mattia2
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 257
Joined: 2 years ago

Post by mattia2 » 6 months ago

Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago
Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
Thank you.

I added several other deceased drivers, who were mentioned in Pilotos Muertos blogspot and who can be killed while racing, including Frenchmen who died in 1992; I have strong feeling that two of them can be drivers who were killed in May 1992 during Rallye de Dunkerque in one of nastiest racing accidents that I found:
Sedre wrote:
8 months ago
Found this French newspaper with two pictures of pretty brutal fatal accident at 1992 Rallye de Dunkerque, where racing car crashed into gas pipeline which exploded after impact. Both drivers were killed and rally was stopped.

Warning - fatal crash

https://www.priceminister.com/offer/buy ... ootba.html

Warning - fatal crash

No MM.org entry. I'll try to found some information, at least, names of unfortunate crew.
I've found some reports on the accident, in the INA website, of course.
Their names should be "Laurent Thilliez" and "Georges Boulanger". I don't know who is what (driver/co-driver).
The names were written in the information box in the INA website.

EDIT: This website:
https://sites.google.com/site/bilsporth ... -1999/1992
Says one of the men was named "Bollengier". I don't know which is right.

And here are some screenshots.
They wouldn't be watermarked, had I done them a year ago.

https://images2.imgbox.com/1c/de/09stcrxI_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/4f/d4/b0I5ZlCF_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/2f/e8/hOBIGdBw_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/17/3b/Mb6vpfVw_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/0b/9b/bPxRBXID_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/03/ee/KYO403SF_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/7b/ac/jEvQdeiL_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/74/ba/HZu51sGv_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/0a/5a/H1q6tbVA_o.png
https://images2.imgbox.com/f7/39/gSbADQvk_o.png

They also say it was the driver's first rally event.

I'd really like to give you access to INA's archive (basically all the French TVs ever broadcasted, including news reports, races, programmes, etc.), but I fear they might see different IPs associated to my account.
Can you download and post this one?

User avatar
Motorsportrace
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 3035
Joined: 8 years ago
Real Name: M
Location: Milan

Post by Motorsportrace » 6 months ago

mattia2 wrote:
6 months ago
Can you download and post this one?
I'll try.
Their videos are now watermarked.
I wonder if they still have the unwatermarked versions on their website, since the screenshots they show are without it.
Motorsportrace

mattia2
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 257
Joined: 2 years ago

Post by mattia2 » 6 months ago

Motorsportrace wrote:
6 months ago

I'll try.
Their videos are now watermarked.
I wonder if they still have the unwatermarked versions on their website, since the screenshots they show are without it.
Maybe they aren't avaible to the public without the watermark, or something like that.

User avatar
Motorsportrace
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 3035
Joined: 8 years ago
Real Name: M
Location: Milan

Post by Motorsportrace » 6 months ago

mattia2 wrote:
6 months ago

Maybe they aren't avaible to the public without the watermark, or something like that.
The unwatermarked versions were available a year ago.
Motorsportrace

User avatar
hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1588
Joined: 3 years ago

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

Back to the actual topic: Who of you is able to program and provide a database?

Or do we need help from someone who has already created such a thing (e.g. something like a database for visual media content?)

Sedre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 527
Joined: 1 year ago
Real Name: Andrei Sidorov

Post by Sedre » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Back to the actual topic: Who of you is able to program and provide a database?

Or do we need help from someone who has already created such a thing (e.g. something like a database for visual media content?)
I'll try to do this but I have one question: what kind of database we would be use? I mean, will we redo part of CPDB with fatal accidents or will start something new?

User avatar
hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 1588
Joined: 3 years ago

Post by hollie3sa » 6 months ago

Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Back to the actual topic: Who of you is able to program and provide a database?

Or do we need help from someone who has already created such a thing (e.g. something like a database for visual media content?)
I'll try to do this but I have one question: what kind of database we would be use? I mean, will we redo part of CPDB with fatal accidents or will start something new?
@PTRACER

Recommendations? I suppose you're running quite low on time to do it yourself. Right?

User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 35857
Joined: 15 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Location: U.K.
Contact:

Post by PTRACER » 6 months ago

hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Back to the actual topic: Who of you is able to program and provide a database?

Or do we need help from someone who has already created such a thing (e.g. something like a database for visual media content?)
I'll try to do this but I have one question: what kind of database we would be use? I mean, will we redo part of CPDB with fatal accidents or will start something new?
@PTRACER

Recommendations? I suppose you're running quite low on time to do it yourself. Right?
Very little right now. I could give you the program I use though if you want to have a play. Understanding of how databases work (e.g. primary keys, table relationships, MySQL etc.) is pretty much essential.

Alternatively, I could copy/paste the structure of the CPdB and change some category titles to suit, if you don't mind it taking a while.
Racing is living and everything that happens in between is just waiting.

Sedre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 527
Joined: 1 year ago
Real Name: Andrei Sidorov

Post by Sedre » 6 months ago

PTRACER wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
hollie3sa wrote:
6 months ago
Back to the actual topic: Who of you is able to program and provide a database?

Or do we need help from someone who has already created such a thing (e.g. something like a database for visual media content?)
I'll try to do this but I have one question: what kind of database we would be use? I mean, will we redo part of CPDB with fatal accidents or will start something new?
@PTRACER

Recommendations? I suppose you're running quite low on time to do it yourself. Right?
Very little right now. I could give you the program I use though if you want to have a play. Understanding of how databases work (e.g. primary keys, table relationships, MySQL etc.) is pretty much essential.

Alternatively, I could copy/paste the structure of the CPdB and change some category titles to suit, if you don't mind it taking a while.
Let me think about both choices as hollie3sa is correctly said that I'm currently low on time, but I hope to solve all problems before weekend and will give answer on Saturday or Sunday.

Sedre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 527
Joined: 1 year ago
Real Name: Andrei Sidorov

Post by Sedre » 6 months ago

Oh, forgot to say about Francis Galiardo's case: my friend said that despite specific accent in audio he heard that accident happened at high speed at some "ring", which probably means racing circuit. So it seems that @Motorsportrace was initally right.

User avatar
Motorsportrace
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 3035
Joined: 8 years ago
Real Name: M
Location: Milan

Post by Motorsportrace » 6 months ago

Sedre wrote:
6 months ago
Oh, forgot to say about Francis Galiardo's case: my friend said that despite specific accent in audio he heard that accident happened at high speed at some "ring", which probably means racing circuit. So it seems that @Motorsportrace was initally right.
Really?
You know, he said "traffic accident", so it might be that he was driving a road car in a street closed to traffic, or something like that.
Motorsportrace

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests