RIP Murray Walker (1923-2021)

The Farzad Memorial Thread

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
User avatar
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Posts: 16879
Joined: 16 years ago
Real Name: Erwin Greven
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007
Location: Stadskanaal, Groningen
Contact:

Re: Merge with another forum

Post by erwin greven » 5 years ago

Latest post of the previous page:

We will post so get used to it.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DJ at www.metalmessiahradio.com *** Every Tuesday 1pm - 4pm EST - Every Wednesday 1pm - 3pm EST

User avatar
John
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 7461
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Jo
Location: Insert Swedish countryball here

Post by John » 5 years ago

MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:Monte, I want my FMB-post count transferred over here. Sort it out, will you?

Thanks, sweetie.
If you turn this into the oy money thread, then you'll get your posts back soon enough.
oy money, jessica alba trapped in a chimney, ooh, ahh...

I can't do this sober.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.

User avatar
MonteCristo
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5950
Joined: 5 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post by MonteCristo » 5 years ago

John wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:Monte, I want my FMB-post count transferred over here. Sort it out, will you?

Thanks, sweetie.
If you turn this into the oy money thread, then you'll get your posts back soon enough.
oy money, jessica alba trapped in a chimney, ooh, ahh...

I can't do this sober.
*vakk*
Danny Ric in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion

User avatar
Mawerick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 647
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Mauri
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick » 5 years ago

MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:Monte, I want my FMB-post count transferred over here. Sort it out, will you?

Thanks, sweetie.
If you turn this into the oy money thread, then you'll get your posts back soon enough.
oy money, jessica alba trapped in a chimney, ooh, ahh...

I can't do this sober.
*vakk*
Don't turn this into a quote tree.
"The point is to charge all the time, unless you are first. That's the whole point of motor racing."
-Gilles Villeneuve

User avatar
John
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 7461
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Jo
Location: Insert Swedish countryball here

Post by John » 5 years ago

Mawerick wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:Monte, I want my FMB-post count transferred over here. Sort it out, will you?

Thanks, sweetie.
If you turn this into the oy money thread, then you'll get your posts back soon enough.
oy money, jessica alba trapped in a chimney, ooh, ahh...

I can't do this sober.
*vakk*
Don't turn this into a quote tree.
You're a quote tree.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.

User avatar
Mawerick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 647
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Mauri
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick » 5 years ago

John wrote:
Mawerick wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:Monte, I want my FMB-post count transferred over here. Sort it out, will you?

Thanks, sweetie.
If you turn this into the oy money thread, then you'll get your posts back soon enough.
oy money, jessica alba trapped in a chimney, ooh, ahh...

I can't do this sober.
*vakk*
Don't turn this into a quote tree.
You're a quote tree.
I am? Holy cow, I never realised.
"The point is to charge all the time, unless you are first. That's the whole point of motor racing."
-Gilles Villeneuve

User avatar
John
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 7461
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Jo
Location: Insert Swedish countryball here

Post by John » 5 years ago

Mawerick wrote:
John wrote:
Mawerick wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:
MonteCristo wrote:
John wrote:Monte, I want my FMB-post count transferred over here. Sort it out, will you?

Thanks, sweetie.
If you turn this into the oy money thread, then you'll get your posts back soon enough.
oy money, jessica alba trapped in a chimney, ooh, ahh...

I can't do this sober.
*vakk*
Don't turn this into a quote tree.
You're a quote tree.
I am? Holy cow, I never realised.
Go on, little child, fulfill your dreams and be the best quote tree you can ever be!
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.

User avatar
Mawerick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 647
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Mauri
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick » 4 years ago

Our home has now been closed for good. We are orphans.

:rip:
"The point is to charge all the time, unless you are first. That's the whole point of motor racing."
-Gilles Villeneuve

Manfred Cubenoggin
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 747
Joined: 17 years ago
Location: Keswick, Ontario

Post by Manfred Cubenoggin » 4 years ago

Rather more like adopted', mon ami. :)
Miles to go B4 I sleep

User avatar
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Posts: 825
Joined: 10 years ago
Real Name: Ossian
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -
Location: Espoo, Finland
Contact:

Post by Puhis » 4 years ago

Don't worry, we're goooooooood.
"Yup, there is no doubt that Joonas marches to the beat of a different drummer. I think his goal may be to be the next Murray Walker."

- Jack Ulstad, on iRacing.com forums

User avatar
Mawerick
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 647
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Mauri
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick » 4 years ago

I'm actually quite sentimental about this. I joined FMB back in 2001 but I had visited the site before that for two or three years. It's been a huge part of my whole adult life and now it's gone. I know it just sort of withered away and I'm partially to blame for the lack of discussion, but still... :down:
"The point is to charge all the time, unless you are first. That's the whole point of motor racing."
-Gilles Villeneuve

User avatar
John
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 7461
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Jo
Location: Insert Swedish countryball here

Post by John » 4 years ago

15 years at FMB. That's almost half my life. Wow. :omg:
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.

User avatar
MonteCristo
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5950
Joined: 5 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Post by MonteCristo » 4 years ago

Mawerick wrote:I'm actually quite sentimental about this. I joined FMB back in 2001 but I had visited the site before that for two or three years. It's been a huge part of my whole adult life and now it's gone. I know it just sort of withered away and I'm partially to blame for the lack of discussion, but still... :down:
Pretty much the same. Have met a number of people in person from FMB, and spent (invested?) far too much time roaming around the place.

I think most people these days prefer shouting into the abyss that is social media, thinking that their opinion really matters and that others really, truly care. But there is no community as such - just shared #interests.
Danny Ric in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion

Mäth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 190
Joined: 17 years ago
Location: Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

Post by Mäth » 4 years ago

How may I summarize the impact FMB had on my life ?

This way :)
Image
(Ma'am was at work at the time I took the picture lol)
2005 Guess The Pole Accuracy champion
2010 Guess The Pole Overall champion
2010 Guess The Pole Accuracy champion

User avatar
NooDle
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 170
Joined: 5 years ago
Real Name: Peter
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroen C1
Location: Belgium

Post by NooDle » 4 years ago

MonteCristo wrote:I think most people these days prefer shouting into the abyss that is social media, thinking that their opinion really matters and that others really, truly care. But there is no community as such - just shared #interests.
This. I kinda liked that we weren't "public" like facebook, where everyone's grandmother's best friend could join/ruin a good discussion.

megallos
New Member
New Member
Posts: 22
Joined: 5 years ago

Post by megallos » 4 years ago

Why did we kill the quote tree already. I was just starting to feel at home again. :wow:

Post Reply