The 2015 Forum Awards [RESULTS]

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

The 2015 Forum Awards [RESULTS]

Post by PTRACER »

I can't remember when we last hosted forum awards. Perhaps 5 years ago? Perhaps longer?! Anyway, get your nominations in by copying and pasting the following into a post!

Please place your votes within the
tag! No looking

Votes for each award will be counted on 21st December, so if you can't answer them all right now, post whatever you can now and edit the post later!

Best Newcomer (Vote hollie3sa, Nabuco or Bruno only):
Best contributor of the year (discussions):
Best contributor of the year (multimedia):
Brainbox of the year (Most knowledgeable):
Most dedicated member (puts the most work in):
Favourite forum section:
Favourite video post:
Member you miss the most:
Best returning member (Well, DoubleFart, you don't get this for free, flyinsii and P34 came back too :wink: ):
Member you most don't want to leave:
The Poke Award (for someone who's drifted off recently and in danger of leaving. Let them know they're wanted!):
Appreciation Award - Give someone a mention who you haven't named above who deserves recognition:
Favourite project - CPDB or YouTube Channel:
What do you wish for at The Fastlane?:

Winners get to write their award win in their signature and put a little flag next to it. It's really cool, bro.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

My votes. Maybe I'm sucking up a bit to everyone, but I appreciate everyone who takes part and just because you didn't get your name here it doesn't mean I don't notice what you do. There are only ten or fifteen of us properly active (maybe more, I haven't counted?) and everyone puts in a high effort to keep this old ship floating.
Best Newcomer (Vote hollie3sa, Nabuco or Bruno only): hollie3sa, it has to be! *Raises a glass*

Best contributor of the year (discussions): erwin greven, who regularly posts race streams, keeps the motorsport calendars up to date, and makes sure that motorsports besides F1 don't get ignored. Also, you're one of the longest serving members and we're glad to still have you here :thumbsup:

Best contributor of the year (multimedia): Motorsportrace for sure. CPDB and Crash Photos in general would be so much poorer without him.

Brainbox of the year (Most knowledgeable): Everso Biggyballies. We'd be lost without his encyclopaedic knowledge.

Most dedicated member (puts the most work in): Andy. Not many bikes fans here, but Andy keeps posting. I've never really paid motorcycle racing much attention until Andy come along and I really appreciate the inspiration. Thanks for your help with the race streams too :thumbsup:

Favourite forum section: Motorsport Videos. The ID section definitely gets the brain working though.

Favourite video post: I think sebbbl's post showing the alternate angle to Lauda's crash, which I never, ever assumed would exist

Member you miss the most: strad, he was opinionated and that was good

Best Returning Member: Ok, fine. DoubleFart. It was nice to see flyinsii and P34 again though :)

Member you most don't want to leave: Well, the loss of Jesper or kals would be a disaster, but I don't want anyone to leave.

Appreciation Award: I appreciate seeing Manfred Cubenoggin drop in from time to time. sadsac has posted some good stuff too this year.

The Poke Award: Sam

What do you wish for at The Fastlane?: I'm happy with where we're at. The Fastlane is better now than five years ago IMO. HOWEVER. new blood would always be nice (coming soon, maybe... :wink: )
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Well, where did I go? :insulted:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I was going to give you the Poke Award, but I figured kals might :wink:

Anyway, why don't you nominate some people and maybe they'll do the same to you :sly:

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Best Newcomer (Vote hollie3sa, Nabuco or Bruno only):
Best contributor of the year (discussions): Ian-S
Best contributor of the year (multimedia): (Don't visit these sections much so can't comment)
Brainbox of the year (Most knowledgeable): EversoSmallies
Most dedicated member (puts the most work in): Don't visit the forum overall enough)
Favourite forum section: Racing History
Favourite video post: Unsure
Member you miss the most: Warren
Best returning member: P34 since I can't vote for me!
Member you most don't want to leave: Kals
The Poke Award (for someone who's drifted off recently and in danger of leaving. Let them know they're wanted!): Antonov
Appreciation Award - Give someone a mention who you haven't named above who deserves recognition: PTRacer
Favourite project - CPDB or YouTube Channel: YouTube
What do you wish for at The Fastlane?: 4-5 more fully active members to boost discussion in Modern Motorsport, Racing History and The Lounge
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

DoubleFart wrote:What do you wish for at The Fastlane?: 4-5 more fully active members to boost discussion in Modern Motorsport, Racing History and The Lounge
I'm not going into details but behind the scenes I'm working hard on this by trying to encourage some smaller forums to team up and merge with ours. News may be coming soon (after Xmas)

Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

DoubleFart wrote:for someone who's drifted off recently and in danger of leaving. Let them know they're wanted!): Antonov
Appreciation Award - Give someone a mention who you haven't named above who deserves recognition: PTRacer
not to worry there. An extremely exhausting period for me, both at work and also somewhat on the private level.
Given the work-deadline is gone come Wednesday, I assume I will be more involved again soon :smiley:

that said, my love for motorsport is sadly going down the drain...
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

PTRACER wrote:
DoubleFart wrote:What do you wish for at The Fastlane?: 4-5 more fully active members to boost discussion in Modern Motorsport, Racing History and The Lounge
I'm not going into details but behind the scenes I'm working hard on this by trying to encourage some smaller forums to team up and merge with ours. News may be coming soon (after Xmas)
for your info - Rui who was formerly a member here would love to contribute, but lost his password/account data apparently. I have him on facebook, so I'm sure I can guide him back here if registering is easy.

Maybe there is also interest in the Russian member on TBK- to 'contribute' here?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Antonov wrote:
PTRACER wrote:
for your info - Rui who was formerly a member here would love to contribute, but lost his password/account data apparently. I have him on facebook, so I'm sure I can guide him back here if registering is easy.

Maybe there is also interest in the Russian member on TBK- to 'contribute' here?
Rui? Okay, I can reset his account if he likes. Ask him for his email address (I have something ending in @netc.pt for him) and I'll give him a temporary password.

Russian member??

Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

Anton, aka антон
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

If that guy comes anywhere near this forum, I'll not only immediately eject him and make sure all Russian IPs get banned, but I'll also do the same to you Antonov. Are we clear?
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Best Newcomer (Vote hollie3sa, Nabuco or Bruno only): Bruno
Best contributor of the year (discussions): PTRACER
Best contributor of the year (multimedia): Jesper Hvid
Brainbox of the year (Most knowledgeable): Everso Biggyballies
Most dedicated member (puts the most work in): Andy and erwin, for motorcycle racing and stock cars respectively
Favourite forum section: Racing History
Favourite video post: ?
Member you miss the most: ?
Best returning member (Well, DoubleFart, you don't get this for free, flyinsii and P34 came back too :wink: ): all :)
Member you most don't want to leave: anyone!
The Poke Award (for someone who's drifted off recently and in danger of leaving. Let them know they're wanted!):
Appreciation Award - Give someone a mention who you haven't named above who deserves recognition:
Favourite project - CPDB or YouTube Channel:
What do you wish for at The Fastlane?: more of the same! civil attitude, intellectual discussion about all things motorsport
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

kals wrote:If that guy comes anywhere near this forum, I'll not only immediately eject him and make sure all Russian IPs get banned, but I'll also do the same to you Antonov. Are we clear?
He has a perfect 100% record on this board. 1 post, one piece of useful information.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10474&p=165306#p165306

So you may consider explaining to the rest of us what the problem is.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Jesper Hvid wrote:
kals wrote:If that guy comes anywhere near this forum, I'll not only immediately eject him and make sure all Russian IPs get banned, but I'll also do the same to you Antonov. Are we clear?
He has a perfect 100% record on this board. 1 post, one piece of useful information.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=10474&p=165306#p165306

So you may consider explaining to the rest of us what the problem is.
Lol

Well for a start, I wasn't talking about rui. And secondly, I was referring to a Russian nutjob who has been banned more times from TBK than TBK has had hot dinners.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

haha!