Final effort to revive the forum

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Final effort to revive the forum

Post by PTRACER »

New look, YouTube channel, Streams box...We've got all the hallmarks of a modern forum. The only issue is the level of activity has been dropping a lot lately (probably in proportion with other forums, but we had less active members to start with). We haven't had a new member sign up and post for a long, LONG time. However they are signing up again. I've done all I can to change that.

Now I'm passing the buck to you guys, as per what I said here:
PTRACER wrote:The ideal situation is that I could ask the 'hardcore' members to really help out this forum over the next few weeks. Be more active in race discussion threads, start some new ones, post some YouTube videos. I accept it's not your "job", and forcing conversation is unnatural - you come here for fun and if no one's talking you'll go somewhere else (as I might have already if I was only a standard user), but I think we're getting to that point if we want this to continue.
viewtopic.php?p=269703#p269703

If we work together and sustain it for a good month or so, it should be long enough to see a change. I'd like your thoughts on participation.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Im up for it. I found some old slides during my cleanup and renovations at home that I am doing at the moment. As soon as the dust settles (literally, I am sanding and redoing all the floorboards in the house, as well as painting) and have already filled a full size skip with all the stuff I am tossing out. But with that comes the constant dust which should be over in a few days because I need to get the staining and painting done asap. Everything is boxed up and under dust covers atm, including my slide scanner. But after the weekend it should be on the downhill run.

All of the above has probably affected my posting lately as well, as well as being over with Mum and Dad for a month, so I will be a bit more active round here then.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

That's an example of real life taking precedence over a forum Chris! I appreciate you being up for helping though! I reckon already we're starting to look good again, keep up the good work everyone :smiley:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I'm traveling a lot at the moment, the past three weeks I've barely had any spare time with work and taking my family on holiday. And I'm away for a week again at the end of the month. I'll do what I can but to set the scene, I've yet to watch an F1 race live in 2015 (no change tomorrow) and today was the first time I got to watch quali live.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I'm game.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***