The new forum is here!

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

The new forum is here!

Post by PTRACER »

Hello all! As you know, I've have been hard at work updating the forum to 2015 standards. Here are some of the changes.

New features

- The Fastlane's main email address is now regularly read. If you have any issues logging into your account, you can email admin@the-fastlane.co.uk for support.

- We have a brand new template and logo for all new/existing users. Anyone who doesn't like the visual changes may revert to the old one through their User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My Board Style = "subsilver2"

- A window on the homepage where links to video streams of live races and their respective discussion threads can be found. This means with a quick glance, you can find out which races will be starting within the next few days/hours and you won't have to scroll through pages of posts to find a video stream. Members use the feature to post the links themselves, The Fastlane does not stream any material, nor do we have any connection with any sites which may be posted. You may turn this feature off by going to User Control Panel > mChat > Display mChat on Index = "No"

- Our old video captures are gradually being uploaded to a YouTube Channel to reflect the change from downloading movies to streaming. The channel is merely for archive purposes and if any videos are copyrighted, YouTube will be able to notify us and remove offending videos automatically. We do not post full, commercially available footage.
Link here: viewforum.php?f=66

- New Formula One section to differentiate it from posts on other categories of motorsport

- No more glitches. The board has been rebuilt from the ground up.

- You can now set be notified of somebody liking your posts by going to User Control Panel > Board Preferences > Edit Global Settings > Notify me via PM if one of my posts are liked: = "Yes"

- Quick Reply is enabled on the new template

- Mobile phone layout is now available for handheld devices

Let me know of any issues.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Looks good, I have an idea that'll I'll pm to you later but it's nowt to do with styling.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

It looks nice. I've noticed a couple of items lost and / or missing. Firstly the latest post and topic preview on the board homepage. The poster is listed and you can click on the post, but that's it. This has also disappeared from the subsilver2 profile. Secondly the "like" option has disappeared. You can still see if someone has liked a post.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

The more I look at the new style the more I like it. Well done :thumbsup:
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

The like option is top right next to the quote button on each post for me.
Thee's a few bits that have been moved around like that.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I can still Like on subsilver2 although it seems my text saying "Post liked by" has disappeared (worked last night). I need to fix the Latest Topic Title on the index. This isn't a standard feature, it's a mod.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

When more than one user likes a post on the new serenity style the wording disappears too, just lists the names.

What's this latest topic title you speak of, never noticed that before lol. I always go to view new posts whenever I visit php based forums.

Also the thick blue line that sits between posts, is also shown at the very top of the page, looks a bit strange compared to the old theme.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Really liking it so far. Nice and crisp.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I see the text has disappeared too now. Bleurgh. I'll fix it later.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

...or maybe not. Accidentally deleted some of the core components of The Fastlane from the database. Whoops.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

oops...
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Basically all the mods I've installed over the years have broken parts of the forum. I'm starting again with a blank /phpBB3 folder to fix the damage.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I'm happy to announce that it's all ready to go (again) :happy:

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Great work! :D
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***