*This is a general message to everyone who has signed up to contribute*
Firstly, thanks for signing up. Once I have at least one to two articles for each section, I'll put the site "live" and it will no longer be hiding in the Wordpress folder and if you haven't prepared anything yet, don't worry.
So, here's a few tips and tricks and some information you need to know:
1. You can log into the Wordpress site and create articles as soon as you like, they are saved as Drafts until I approve them. I approve them by checking spelling mistakes and making sure the layout is perfect, especially if you added images. I won't edit the text of the article unless there are major problems with the English.
2. Title length is limited to 32 characters. If it's too long, it will cut off the extra letters for you when you submit.
3. If you want to insert images, please be careful with copyright. When you insert the images, put the cursor at the start of a paragraph and then set the image to display left or right depending on how you're feeling. The first image should really display on the left. Make sure they are set as thumbnails 150x150 pixels. When you insert the images, there should be a Caption box. Make sure you enter a caption and include copyright/source information if possible.
4. Somewhere on the "Add New Post" page, you will see a big box titled "Excerpt". You must fill this box out with some sort of introduction to the article and this will be displayed on the main page. If you don't, it will simply take the first 300 characters of the post and then write [...] and doesn't look as nice.
5. Further down, you'll see a Post Properties box. Upload two images here and it will give the article a thumbnail on the homepage. You can use the same image for both, just make sure it's bigger than 184x135 pixels when you upload it.
6. Ignore both the Categories and Post Tag boxes, I'll deal with those.
Racing is living and everything that happens in between is just waiting.