RIP Niki Lauda (1949-2019) - Let's rank his Formula 1 cars! Click here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=16073

Motorsportmemorial.org

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
hollie3sa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Motorsportmemorial.org

Post by hollie3sa » 2 weeks ago

Latest post of the previous page:

They say that the 7th edition of the Rallye Régional de Fayence was won "this afternoon" by the Renault 11, driven by the team Charreton/Hernoux. It was a victory dedicated to the driver who died "yesterday" after he left the track ("lors d'une sortie de route"). His co-pilot who's severely burned ("gravement brûlé") is out of danger ("hors de danger").

The two names mentioned afterwards - Jean Bernard Vitiello + Jacques Carlhier/Carhier/Carrier - are reporters from the broadcaster that investigated about the security measures etc. ("sont revenus sur le circumstances de cet accident, se sont intéressé aux modalités sécurité...")

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... fOVXSGgDnI

Sedre
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sedre » 2 weeks ago

hollie3sa wrote:
2 weeks ago
They say that the 7th edition of the Rallye Régional de Fayence was won "this afternoon" by the Renault 11, driven by the team Charreton/Hernoux. It was a victory dedicated to the driver who died "yesterday" after he left the track ("lors d'une sortie de route"). His co-pilot who's severely burned ("gravement brûlé") is out of danger ("hors de danger").

The two names mentioned afterwards - Jean Bernard Vitiello + Jacques Carlhier/Carhier/Carrier - are reporters from the broadcaster that investigated about the security measures etc. ("sont revenus sur le circumstances de cet accident, se sont intéressé aux modalités sécurité...")

Thanks for translation!

It's quite sad that news report didn't tell name of deceased driver. I think that we need to search someone who have French autosport magazines such as Echappement. I'll ask Nanni Dietrich as there were some MM.org contributors who cited these magazines to contact with them.

Motorsportrace
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Motorsportrace » 2 weeks ago

Sedre wrote:
2 weeks ago
hollie3sa wrote:
2 weeks ago

Thanks for translation!

It's quite sad that news report didn't tell name of deceased driver. I think that we need to search someone who have French autosport magazines such as Echappement. I'll ask Nanni Dietrich as there were some MM.org contributors who cited these magazines to contact with them.
Also, if any of these contributors have new images...
There are a lot of sources on mm.orf that are not available anywhere, and that may contain photos we haven't seen yet.
Motorsportrace

Sedre
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sedre » 2 weeks ago

Ok, I'll ask them.

I've already talked to my friend and active contributor Isbel Quiroz from Argentina a week ago and he revealed that he has some fatalities videos which are missing from YouTube and DarcyF1.com as well as some fatalities photos (including from Argentinean racing magazines). He will share these videos and photos with me later as he need to organize them.